Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards

Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards (http://www.expeditionexchange.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.expeditionexchange.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Interesting New Website (http://www.expeditionexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124)

johnlee June 3rd, 2004 09:56 AM

Interesting New Website

A little birdie showed me this new site:

http://www.goldrushexpeditions.com/

Perhaps you will find it interesting. Enjoy.

greghirst June 3rd, 2004 09:37 PM

LOL :P

curtis June 3rd, 2004 11:18 PM

Corey Schuman...wasn't he the guy who used a handle on Dweb of "One Bad Rover" or something like that? Same Rover I saw parked outside a local garage for weeks with a roller fairlead and no winch? Sure looks like it in the photos.

That being said, I think he did an OK job on slapping together the site and photos. He actually does a pretty good job of capturing the essence of Utah mines and mystery...at least within the confines of the MS Frontpage editor and his liited scope of offroad adventures here.

My only real concern is that is wants to lead people in a Freelander or his hunk-a-shit D1. No lift, no tires, no lockers. Maybe I should consider a side business of pulling his ass out when he gets his clients in a jam :$:

ronward June 4th, 2004 04:50 AM

I'm confused.... Do the mystery mine trips throughout Utah include a cruise aboard the Love Boat with some chick to a winery? :wicked:

DJ Menasco June 4th, 2004 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curtis

That being said, I think he did an OK job on slapping together the site and photos.

Curtis

Of course he did an Ok job on the website! It's is a Microsoft FrontPage template so it was already done for him! A blind folded chimp with a keyboard could have done it!
DJ

curtis June 4th, 2004 11:48 AM

Ron & Aaron: :clappin:

DJ: I already mentioned the Frontpage. I was not talking about the templates, but the words. He describes some of the...um..."excursions" faurly well. Enough so that it makes me want to go look check out some of those old mines. Maybe I will find him stuck out there. :D

Like Ron, I am still a little confused over the wedding pics.

Also - he looks like as much of an ass as I seem to recall on Dweb. Wasn't he the one who said he and Bill Davis went out hacking away some trails in the Uintas? I did ask Bill about that some time ago and he has no clue who Corey is. :confused:

koby June 6th, 2004 08:29 PM

Quote:

We also now offer a video/DVD service so that you can bring your adventure home and re-live it over and over

greghirst June 6th, 2004 09:01 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The "no balls" on the shirt is a nice touch, Craig... :clappin:

curtis June 6th, 2004 11:31 PM

Damn Koby - That poster mockup seems more appropiate than ever :clappin:

blue June 9th, 2004 01:42 PM

Gold Rush Expeditions is actively seeking sponsorship from Land Rover of North America. All of our expeditions are carried out in Land Rovers, the best 4 X 4 X far.

Corey is still working on his book. No release date has been established yet but it will be one to watch for. It will include detailed directions of how to get to different ghost towns, mines and treasure sites along with some history and folklore. This one will not lead you astray. Check back often for updates.

Gibran Begum recently did a documentary of the Rhoades Mines and lost treasure. If you have seen it you will recognize a lot of the footage as you page through the site. The majority of the mines and structures were filmed while on expedition with Gold Rush Expeditions. Watch closely at the end of the film and you will even see Corey, in silhouette, climbing into yet another cavern.

this has Blue LOL

$500-800 per person, 3 person minimum???

I wonder who will be the first person he kills while on his organized trespassing trips?

Shit, it's one thing to explore the great outdoors and appreciate it (UT kicks ass), but to try to exploit it is pretty damn lame...

johnlee August 26th, 2004 08:03 PM

Peep this:

http://www.goldrushexpeditions.com/Linksfun.htm

I especially like this part:

"4x4 Adventure Gear - Serious 4 wd gear for Land Rover, Jeep and Toyota. The sole distributor of Scorpion Racing products in the US. This includes springs, shocks, evo kits, skid plates and much, much more!! Also carrying Pelican Cases, 4x4 parts from QT Services, Old Man Emu Kits and parts, Master Pull Recovery Systems and roof rack flooring from OffRoad Tuff.com.

Yahoo Land Rover Discovery Page - Far superior to the near defunct Discoweb and/or Expedition Exchange in the fact that people are more willing to share information and tips without acting like a gang of middle-school bullies.

Northwest Parts.com - If you need it for your Discovery, this is the only place to get it.

Cheaper Than Dirt.com - The source for discount ammo and all sorts of other accessories."

Interesting.

koby August 26th, 2004 08:22 PM

Don't look now John, but you're nearly defunct.

johnlee August 26th, 2004 09:19 PM

ronward August 27th, 2004 04:29 AM

:rofl:

marc olivares August 27th, 2004 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oh shit,
i paid $25 for this backcountry book to utah mines.
i wish i would have known about this place sooner.
at least that way i wouldn't have had to read the book, i could have spent $500 and he could have shown me all the same secret places .
what a wingnut!