Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards

Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards (http://www.expeditionexchange.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussions (http://www.expeditionexchange.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Clean RRC examples? (http://www.expeditionexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1262)

craig February 18th, 2009 01:00 AM

Clean RRC examples?

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone have any examples of exceptionally clean RRCs.

For example, this TDI LWB looks like it was done pretty well.

JSQ February 18th, 2009 01:11 PM

Forget that thing.

This was the best RRC:

IanKreidich February 18th, 2009 06:57 PM

I'd like to think that my RRC is clean. I still have thoughts of bringing it back to stock form though. If you really want clean then that is the way to go.

I'm ashamed posting this photo with the tree strap on the bumper (it doesn't normally reside there) but it's otherwise nice. They are the only recent photos I have since I removed my hannibal pallet rack.

hochung February 19th, 2009 07:05 AM

Ian, never mind the tree strap. What's up with the crab eyes? :wicked:

IanKreidich February 19th, 2009 01:27 PM

:clappin: Wow, they have been called ricer lights but I think crab eyes takes the cake. I will never look at my bumper the same way again. :broken:

I originally wanted to install a Husky 10 in the bumper but I can't bring myself to butcher it. Interestingly, I have a Rovers North catalog from the late 90's which has an ARB RRC bumper made for the husky 10 for sale. I was always curious why they stopped making it and how many they actually produced. I have never seen another RRC with one.

craig February 20th, 2009 12:44 AM

Jack/Ian - Thanks for posting pictures. Those are definately *clean* RRCs.

Craig

benlittle April 11th, 2009 04:58 AM

Are you planning a classic build, Craig?

craig June 26th, 2009 12:13 AM

I was going to do a TDI RRC.... had my wife's permission even. Went and drove an '87 that I planned to bring home but decided to sleep on it at the last minute. Eventually I realized that I'd be better off taking my son hiking on the weekends than spending more time in the garage.

Craig

craig September 29th, 2010 11:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by benlittle
Are you planning a classic build, Craig?

I towed home an 89 RRC two days ago. It has 80k on it, but it's quite rough. Won't start, leaking rear main seal, needs an entirely new interior, shifter stuck in park, but has minimal rust on the body/frame. It's been sitting for a year or so and is covered in dust/pollen. I'm curious to see how well it will clean up.

The plan is to get it running, change the fluids, enjoy a few trips in it this fall, then take a really close look at it to decide what I want to do with it.

If I decide to do it, the build will be similar to my friend's LWB.

jrose609 September 30th, 2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig
I towed home an 89 RRC two days ago. It has 80k on it, but it's quite rough. Won't start, leaking rear main seal, needs an entirely new interior, shifter stuck in park, but has minimal rust on the body/frame. It's been sitting for a year or so and is covered in dust/pollen. I'm curious to see how well it will clean up.

The plan is to get it running, change the fluids, enjoy a few trips in it this fall, then take a really close look at it to decide what I want to do with it.

If I decide to do it, the build will be similar to my friend's LWB (attached).

Congrats Craig.

You need to drive my wife's Tdi Lwb..........It's incredible. You would be hooked.

craig September 30th, 2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrose609
Congrats Craig.

You need to drive my wife's Tdi Lwb..........It's incredible. You would be hooked.

Yeah, the TDI LWB is a real nice combo. The 89 I brought home is a SWB. I'm definitely interested in a TDI, but I have to first decide if this 89 is the platform I want to drop that much time and money into.

What I like about my friends LWB are the modest modifications he's made. 235/85s on NATO rims, 2" OME lift, ARB winch bumper, Brownchurch roofrack.

jrose609 October 1st, 2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSQ
Forget that thing.

This was the best RRC:

Feel the "skinny love" on that RRC. Love those tires and wheels.