Thread: DIGILUX 3
View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2008, 10:22 AM
Scott Brady
KE7PNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanablur
If I go that route couple 5D's and lots of L series glass.

We need to buy two for Overland Journal, but quickly... Are you ready to make that jump?

Quote:
Which comes to the back up camera, I would just get another body for DSLR. Once you become proficient with a body it will only frustrate you to have to fall back on something else. So buy a body and a lens.

I have gone that route for years with the 20D, and after having zero failures all that time, I can see the benefit of the back-up camera being a different type of tool, for example extremely portable and discrete, like the D-Lux 3. The images (in RAW) that come out of that thing is amazing, and it allows for a compact package. Of course, just my approach to it, but I am usually space constrained for gear, so always thinking smaller.

Quote:
Look at the Canon G9 in place of the DLux 3... A lot more camera for a little less money. Less noise with higher ISO's and longer exposures.

I am starting to lean that way. It is so reasonable and a good performer too. I guess my attraction to the Leica brand is having more than a passing influence on this purchase