View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2006, 05:07 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Menasco
I was in the local Ben Bridge yesterday deciding whether to go with the Omega Speedmaster Pro or the Seamaster Planet Ocean.

Oh la la! You're thinking about a Moon Watch? Very nice. It'll go quite nicely with your GMT2.

Quote:
I like the PO. It has a magnificent orange bezel & the black matt dial offers a great contrast. I looked at both the 42mm and the 45.5mm. The 45.5mm was huge! However, I found that as John had mentioned in an earlier post the case back is incredibly deep, which allows the piece to sit above your wrist.

I tried on a biggie Planet Ocean, all black. I was really looking forward to it too. Then when I put it on, it all was all over. It didn't sit right on my wrist. As you said, there was airspace between the case body and my wrist. It didn't look right.

The Moon Watch suffers from this problem as well. However, the Moon Watch is so distinctive and bad ass in every other respect that I will tolerate it on the Moon Watch. But not on a Planet Ocean, which smacks of a wannabe Sub. Also, the Moon Watch's very thick caseback says:

That caseback can be as thick as it wants. I would still get a Moon Watch. That's just bad ass.

I was really bummed about the Planet Ocean as well. I had my hopes really high too, since the Seamaster Professional sits beautifully on the wrist, much better than any Oyster Professional, Moon Watch, etc. I thought the Planet Ocean would sit on the wrist just as well, but it didn't.

Quote:
Jim Lovell's grandson was in the store the day before. Pretty cool at least to be associated with the NASA family. Anyway, she told me that he couldn't decide whether to get a TAG or a Professional! A sin if you ask me. She scoffed at him and told him it was his responsibility to get the Pro, which he did.

Unreal. Man, what a chump. He was trying to decide between a Moon Watch and a TAG? That's like trying to decide between a K-80 and a Browning Cynergy. What a sucker.

That dumb ass was probably looking at this Speedmaster copy:

I wish he had gone with the TAG. If you even have to ask, you should get the TAG.