The Re-Build - Discovery 1 TDI
Here is the story of my discovery rebuild......hope it will be of interest and possibly of use.....pictures below....The vehicle has sat for over a year doing nothing.....so you can see the tin worm has been busy even on the bits I started before....also you see in one of the pictures a small family has moved into the space behind the grill....will keep you posted on their progress...hope fully putting the grill back hasn't disturbed them to much....
The plan of parts for the finished vehicle is as follows....im open to sugestions of ideas or alternatives to what I have planned:.....The ones in red are set in stone
ARB Bull Bar Is There Any Other
Safety Devices Roof Rack
Warn Lights x 6
Snorkel Mantec Steel
Springs 2 Lift Old Man Emu
Shocks - 2" longer Old Man Emu
Fuel Tank Guard Southdown
Receiver System .
Bonnet Anti Glare .Camel Style
Shocks Old Man Emu
Steering Damper - Genuine Land Rover
Braided Brake Lines- Extended
Rock Sliders Home Built
HD Rear Bumper Home Built
Tyres x 6 Cooper ST
Air Compressor Air Con Compressor Adapted to Run Air
Split Battery Charge National Luna
Window Panels (Ally) Home Built
Window Tints - Local
Head Lamp Guards LR Perspex
Second Battery - Optma
Silicon Hoses Not sure where yet
Heavy Duty Body Mounts Home Built
Heavy Duty Radiator Mounts Home Built
Map Light Rally Style
D2 Cup Holders Genuine Parts
Compass - Silva
CB Radio - Cobra
Nav Equip Home Built Around Tough Book
Shelving Rear Home Built
Fridge National Luna Weekender
Seat Covers - genuine Land Rover
Water System - Jerry Cans and Charcoal Filter
to be continued.............
***UPDATE*** just to let you know the robins are still being fed...so it looks like im going to be at the other end of the vehicle for a few weeks ...
Front left wing - photo shows what i found!
Raised air intake
Did some grinding today mostly on left inner wing .....or should that be most of the front left inner wing.....
Whilst I was in that area I drilled the hole for the raised air intake.....
Then I decided to remove the rear bumper to see how bad the rear body mounts are......as you can see bad
I have decided to use a white primmer so that I can see which bits are done as I go along ....but also so that when I spray the chassis black on it is easy to see that its covered everwhere....
I also have put mastic sealer on all the areas that dirt and grime may hide in......
as a suggestion and along the same line, mark with a paint stick any bolts you have torqued so you can reference that the work has been completed.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Expeditions West: Discovery I, 5-speed Project||Scott Brady||Technical Discussions||72||August 20th, 2016 08:11 AM|