Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 14th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Samuel Conder

Thumbs up 04 T-case Swap & diff lock lamp switch

Greetings all,

I'm in the process of putting a 2004 front output housing with CDL and linkage onto my 2003 T-case. I've pulled the case and attached the 04 housing and the case is ready to go back in.

As you can see below I have two swtiches located side by side on the front output housing, but cannot for the life of me find the connections for these. I've searched for the wires along the frame and for other wire looms but can't find a connection. I've also searched numerous forums with no look. Hopefully the EE experts can help.

Have any of you all encountered this? If so where were the connections?

Finally, the Rave diagram has the two warning lamp switches in different locations than my housing. In the diagram the switch is located on top and on the front near the front output flange. Out of curiosity do others have their switches in the same location as mine in the attached pics or are they located as Rave displays them?

Last question, would someone with a 2004 Discovery be gracious enough to climb under your truck and feel for the two switches and let me know where the wire connections are routed/loomed?

Any help is greatly appreciated, Sam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front Output diagram.jpg (68.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Dweb1.jpg (49.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Dweb2.jpg (57.1 KB, 15 views)
Old February 18th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Samuel Conder

Got it figured out.

Posting back up what I found for future 03 owners.

Firstly, I got the T-case back in with 04 front output housing. CDL works flawlessly minus the lamp on the instrument cluster.

At the advice of Thunderhand on Dweb I looked at the wiring harness underneath the center console and reviewed this against what I found in the RAVE electrical library and circuit diagrams. I found that I have the correct wire leaving from the wire harness to the SLABS ECU but I do not have a wire coming into the gearbox harness itself from underneath the truck. Therefore, my truck was never wired to include the diff lock lamp switch.

Being that it is an 03 I can only figure it is early version of the 03, as I spoke to a local fellow with an 03 who did the same 04 T-case swap and didn't encounter the issue. He luckily had the wires to hook up the two switches, and must have a later 03 closer to the 04 launch as Land Rover was preparing for the return of CDL.

I plan to wire the switch to the harness myself and went ahead and added two wires to the loom during reinstall. In case anyone encounters my same situation I have included the wire diagram from RAVE for reference and a picture of the harness. It is located beneath the center console (arm rest) and is 10 pin connector (C0681). The correct cavity is 7, and in my truck was empty. The receiving connector is C0668 and should have a black with blue wire leading out of cavity 7 and into the SLABS ECU & instrument cluster via a connection with a wire header.

Sam-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of CDL wiring diagram.jpg (34.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Gearbox Harness.jpg (67.6 KB, 15 views)