Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old July 25th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Rover Puppy

The newest must have… a morse code head lamp (well, sort of)

Oh my, Talk about a multi-purpose piece of tactical gear…

If you get the chance, you’ve just got to try out one of these tactical headlamps.

This is the coolest thing, bright white work lamp, green lamp, red lamp, and flashing red SOS morse code flasher lamp.

Two push buttons on top of the lamps to toggle between settings.

You can run both the bright white work lamp and also one of either the green or the red lamps at the same time.

Although I haven’t field tested it yet, it appears to be well designed. Rubber fittings enclose the 1200 hour battery lamps. I can easily reach the outer fence in my back yard and see the color easily on the fence with the red and green lamps (maybe 100 ft away?). The white lamp, much farther.

Geez, I can sure think of tons of uses for this on the trail. I like the read and green lights – wouldn’t that be great for night recoveries. Spotter and driver could both switch to green when they’re ready! The buttons are amazingly convenient. Wow!!

I like red lamps, they don’t destroy night vision. Did you know that it takes at least 20 minutes for your eyes to adjust to night vision in the dark? That’s why you see pilots wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night if they stop for fuel.

If you get the chance to try one of these, go for it!!

I'm not easily impressed and this liitle thing has me amazed!!

I just love this thing!!

Best Regards Jamie, Blue, and Angel

Here’s the link:

http://www.gerbergear.com/product.php?model=0007
Old July 25th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Rover Puppy

p.s. The light buttons/switches really can be easily depressed for visual morse code in any of the colors - if that is what rocks your boat.

Best Regards Jamie, Blue, and Angel