Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 9th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Aaron Shrier
KI6BCA

Not sure where to post this...

This is the smaller XP-3 that John has recently added to inventory (he also has the XP-1):

Charge your iPhone then start your truck!
2016 SoulCraft Dirtbomb

You only lost went running out o gas ,the rest is exploring Javier

Old October 9th, 2013, 05:21 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

That's the smaller XP-3.

XP-1 on top and XP-3 on bottom:

It's crazy, isn't it? Imagine jump-starting your truck with something about the size of a phone.
Old October 9th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Aaron Shrier
KI6BCA

Ooops! I made the correction.
2016 SoulCraft Dirtbomb

You only lost went running out o gas ,the rest is exploring Javier

Old October 9th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Daniel Chapman
KJ4BXR

What's fucked up is Chad, owner of Antigravity, is a die-hard made in the USA freak. He says he supports made in the USA products and even mentions it on his website, facebook, and by labeling his batteries with the made in the USA sticker. Here is what it reads on the Anti-Gravity website.

Quote:
When you purchase Antigravity Batteries Products you are getting the highest quality available, a product built and designed here in the USA. From everyday use to world class racing use we do not cut corners or use inferior battery cells in order to make a less expensive product.

Funny thing is the made in the USA label is missing on these jump packs. That does not mean it's a bad product or anything. I think its a sweet thing to have. It just means this Chad guy is a douche bag. He's sold out already. He's not as Mr. Made In The USA as he thought. I hate supporting douche bags.

Old November 23rd, 2015, 04:36 PM
Christopher Snell
NW5W

What are you guys using to keep Odyssey batteries charged? I don't use my truck as much in the rainy season and the battery has been low a few times. Odyssey says that you should only use their chargers. I have a Battery Tender but I'm not sure if that would roast the Odyssey.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 08:32 PM
Steve Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell
What are you guys using to keep Odyssey batteries charged? I don't use my truck as much in the rainy season and the battery has been low a few times. Odyssey says that you should only use their chargers. I have a Battery Tender but I'm not sure if that would roast the Odyssey.

I've had this one installed in the Classic for years and the Odysseys are still good. It's often plugged in for weeks and just cycles on and off as required.

http://www.batterytender.com/Charger...us-12V-5A.html
Old November 24th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

I've suffered a lot of problems keeping the PC2150 in my 110 and similar batteries in other trucks happy without driving them regularly. All of the so-called "smart" chargers fault themselves out. In the end, what has worked best for me is just a little 2amp constant-rate Black & Decker charger from Home Depot. That little guy is a champ and I use it for everything now. It has brought the Odyssey back from some very deep discharges.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQ1F7PM

By the way, I don't know if you're still running a Garmin 276C in your 110 but I had mine wired directly to my aux power block and even when the GPS was turned off it was continuing to draw and kill my battery. I always ignored it as the possible cause of my drain because it's demand is small, but as soon as I started unplugging it, my dead battery woes went away.
Old November 25th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Mike Rupp
WZ7V

I have the Sears Platinum Odyssey battery and the Disco has enough of a parasitic draw that it will drain a battery in 4-6 weeks or so. I've used this Schumacher charger probably 6 times to bring the same dead battery back to life. I'm talking so dead that there was no chime when inserting the key, no lights, nothing. It has a few different modes which change the voltage to account for different battery types.
Old November 26th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Christopher Snell
NW5W

Thanks, I'll give my little Battery Tender a shot. Jack, I haven't used my 276C in a few years. The little handheld with the SD is what I use mostly. Do you find that the puny little 256 Mb cards hold enough map data for your uses?
Old December 2nd, 2015, 11:46 AM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell
Do you find that the puny little 256 Mb cards hold enough map data for your uses?

Hell no.