Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old July 7th, 2004, 12:30 PM
curtis

Hmmm...I seem to recall that clutches are not covered under most warranties at all. Especially in a sports car. Kinda like brake shoes, they are a limited lifetime item prone to abuse. If she went through two clutches in under 30K miles she probably is not driving it correctly.
Old July 7th, 2004, 05:19 PM
curtis

Yeah, mmmhmmm, sure...nothing needs to be rebuilt on her car...except two burned out clutches

This thread is making me jones after the 500E. That is one sweet car.
Old July 7th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Ho Chung
W6HC

you guys are still going at this?

ron, S-class!

Old July 7th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Ho Chung
W6HC

just the plain S-class.

Old July 7th, 2004, 07:14 PM
curtis

Step away from the smoker my ass. Ron, you are becoming the cheerleader who cheers on a game she does not even understand or know.

Seems the implication is that I am CBing my rig. While the polar opposite is true, I figure you are just having latent issues because I did not send you those third members you wanted for free
Old July 8th, 2004, 12:11 AM
curtis

Done? Maybe smoking crack my friend.

Frankly, I thought you were an allright guy when we met at Catbox. We had some fun and a few drinks and good food to boot. Now you come off like you know wtf I am up to. The only problem is that you really have no clue.

Ho can get away with giving me shit because we know each others history. John can too, but he takes the easier path (surprise!) I know both of them have "learned though experience" and vice versa. You come in and want to ride on thier coattails, but the truth is you have NO experience. Everything you have in your closet you got through people telling you what to do. At least that is the way I see it.

If you want the bare-bones truth here, you are preaching a gospel that you know nothing about. While I am still finishing up "Project D1", you still rely on a hopefull warranty repair. Oops! I almost forgot! You were trying to sell your D2 just a few months back. Is that sale still going on, or did you change your mind

Either way, I just got this email from you:

"Just havin fun...ya dig?

Where else can we mess around like this without all the trailerpark trash joining in ;-)

Later you Cheap Bastard :-)

Ron"

While I agree with the fun n' games, don't expect to give me shit without getting it right back at ya'
Old July 8th, 2004, 01:20 AM
curtis

See here Ron, I told in in that email to come back with something good. This is weak stuff at best. Let me prove my point:

"And since when does getting shafted by Audi justify how much experience I have with Rovers."

Go figure Ron. I never said that your friends Audi experience had anything to do with your lack of knowledge regarding Rovers. Your lack of experience is flatly obvious to most anyone who knows what a British vehicle even looks like. You have no CDL or traction devices because you bailed and knew that adding these would hamper the resale value. Who do you think you are kidding here?

"(no cut 1/4 panels or any other "experience" you would like to share)"

Bah-haha! How many turns of a nut or bolt have you put into any stock component on your rig? Granted, there are many people who have turned more than I, but what are you at? Two?

"Now this is about the most backwards ass statement I have ever heard. Whats your point here? And yes the D2 is for sale, so when your backwards ass has finally had enough of that "Project D1" (like you are some affiliate of ECR) You can bring ANOTHER offer to the table for my D2."

My point here is simple. You do not know the smell of your own crap. The D2 is still for sale? REALLY!?!?! Damn - that has gone on as long as my "Project D1". Hmmm...so what were you trying to accomplish? At least, in the end, my goal is a trail and family worthy Rover. Whats yours? Maybe one of those fancy TT roadsters with the "faulty" cluthes
Old July 8th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Craig Kobayashi
KG6CK

Seems to me the only implication is that your D1 still does not work... Take it for whatever it's worth.

And BTW, Ron is out of warranty on his D2.
Old July 8th, 2004, 01:54 AM
curtis

"And BTW, Ron is out of warranty on his D2."

Craig, you could have not made my point more clearly here.
Old July 8th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Craig Kobayashi
KG6CK

What is your point? It seems that there is just a lot of hot air passsing by around here.
Old July 8th, 2004, 03:22 PM
curtis

Craig & Ron: My point was stated earlier: "Ron, you are becoming the cheerleader who cheers on a game she does not even understand or know." I think the exhaust fumes may be getting to you two because it has obviously hampered your ability to comprehend the written word.

That being said, lets see if you can understand this: Ron & I were just playing. We had a rather funny and civilized email discussion going on the side about how we were going to slam each other next online.

This thread has been an interesting repartee in which Ron got to display his duplicitous nature by being all hugs n' kisses to me personally, and at the same time trying to slam me online so he can think he is playing with the big boyz.

Except for trying to use many of the same techniques and words I had just used to slam him, I would say he did pretty good. I give him a B+
Old July 8th, 2004, 03:43 PM
wsixhan
W6HAN

you guys need anything from the market?

Old July 8th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Bill Gill, aka chump hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanchung
you guys need anything from the market?

tampons?

Old July 9th, 2004, 12:08 AM
curtis

RonL - I am only soft on you because I like you even though you are an idiot. Quite frankly I have no more time left to devote to training you. Carry forth young Jedi and do well

Now Han: you know that 850 photo was a hack, right? An 850 will likely never "bicycle" and even if it would that photo shows some real crop lines around the wheels. If one ever did the IFS would drop the front right wheel like no tomorrow. Either way, the 850 is a great chassis. We had one of the 850LT's and it is a truly missed ride.
Old July 9th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Craig Kobayashi
KG6CK

Curtis,

That is a funny Volvo pic, regardless of the "crop lines around the wheels."

And you are just as guilty of "becoming the cheerleader who cheers on a game she does not even understand or know" as Ron is. IMO you know as much about Ron as Ron knows about you.

As someone once suggested to me on Discoweb, I am going say this:

You guys need to shut the fuck up.
Old July 9th, 2004, 01:12 AM
curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by koby
Curtis,

That is a funny Volvo pic, regardless of the "crop lines around the wheels."

Hell Craig, I was just bringing it up. Quite frankly the pic even fooled me the first few times I saw it. I just thought I would share what I finally realized.

Quote:
You guys need to shut the fuck up.

Do *YOU* really want to go here Craig? C'mon man, Ron & I have been playing all along. No need to step in with your two cents. I think Ron & I both have a healthy sense of where we sit with one another without your involvement. For that matter, Ron knows me about as well as you do so your IMO is really just BSO
Old July 9th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Craig Kobayashi
KG6CK

Playing?

So am I

Shut the fuck up.