Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 21st, 2007, 03:29 AM
Ho Chung
W6HC

I guess no sleep for you eh?

Old November 21st, 2007, 04:54 AM
KI4WWU

That is a nice setup. I had the Nakamichi CD400 in my '83 110 and it was terrific. I think it had aux port in the back for a satelite unit, but no iPod interface.

I ended up with the Sony system I mentioned in my earlier thread. Time got sensitive with MAR in Virginia approaching so I pulled the trigger and am happy now. Sounds great, looks fine to me, and the iPod and sat functions are wonderful and clear.

Too bad I don't drive the DII daily anymore since getting the E39...

Old November 21st, 2007, 02:01 PM
Steve Rupp
KC9LHY

I can think of a lot of things that look worse than an after market head unit. I have the Alpine with the slide out LCD screen. It's actually the cleanest looking head unit I've seen when the screen is down (IVA-D310). I have the ipod and siruis units but I think I might ditch the ipod unit and go back to something simpler. It's fine if you just want to keep it on shuffle or if you have play lists made, but if you're searching for a song or artist it's a total pain.
Old November 21st, 2007, 05:35 PM
David Shechter
KC2PFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Rupp
I can think of a lot of things that look worse than an after market head unit. I have the Alpine with the slide out LCD screen. It's actually the cleanest looking head unit I've seen when the screen is down (IVA-D310). I have the ipod and siruis units but I think I might ditch the ipod unit and go back to something simpler. It's fine if you just want to keep it on shuffle or if you have play lists made, but if you're searching for a song or artist it's a total pain.

Can't you have your iPod hooked up to the head unit via the mini jack and manually select your songs? run the cord into the center console and have it stashed out of sight.
Old November 21st, 2007, 09:25 PM
Steve Rupp
KC9LHY

I wasn't aware that unit had a mini jack on it. If that's the case then I would totally do it that way. The only thing is that it wouldn't charge.