Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old December 14th, 2003, 11:10 AM
michael

T15 Aluminum Bull Bar Bumper / T15 Steel Bull Bar Bumper

John

Aside from the material, what are the advantages of getting the TJM aluminum bar over the steel bar? Are they both equal in strenght? Is the weight difference (I am assuming there is a weigh difference) the only advantage? Do you think the 266$ difference worth getting the aluminum?

As far as the offered winches, is it your opinion that the mentioned winches (both brand and ratinges) are sufficient? Could a Superwinch or a Husky or a larger Ramsey be used with those Bull Bars?

Thanks
Old December 16th, 2003, 09:40 AM
John Lee
K6YJ

"Aside from the material, what are the advantages of getting the TJM aluminum bar over the steel bar? Are they both equal in strenght? Is the weight difference (I am assuming there is a weigh difference) the only advantage? Do you think the 266$ difference worth getting the aluminum?"

As far as I know, the only difference between the aluminum and steel T15's for the D2 is the material. The aluminum is probably lighter, but the T15 for the D2 isn't really that heavy. It's much lighter than an ARB bar. I would go with the steel.

"As far as the offered winches, is it your opinion that the mentioned winches (both brand and ratinges) are sufficient? Could a Superwinch or a Husky or a larger Ramsey be used with those Bull Bars?"

The winch tray for the T15 is designed to handle the various planetary winches like the Warn XD9000, Superwinch X9, and Ramsey Platinum series. I would wait for the Superwinch EP9.0, which is due out in February 2004. The EP9.0 has unique features like an external drum brake (with synthetic line compatibility), waterproof solenoids, new remote, etc.