Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old March 25th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Paul von Klosst-Dohna

Leaky Rangie - Help

Some of you know that I am now driving my wifeís Ď95 Classic LWB Rangie as my daily driver (yes, I still have my Defender 90 and Series IIa 109). I have been busy doing a small rolling restoration on the vehicle. However, I have noticed that I have been getting water in the driverís and to a lesser degree the passengerís front foot well. I can see the water trails running down the inside panel to the left of the driverís left leg (behind the plastic panel holding the hood release). The water comes in even when the vehicle is parked in the rain.
So far I have replaced the driverís door seal and I have re-sealed the seem under the decker panel which Rovers North told me was the subject of a tech bulletin some years. So far none of my efforts have been successful.

The Land Rover dealer tells me that the Classic is NOT known for water leaks unlike some of the other models. I plan to run the hose over the vehicle this weekend but wondered if any members have gone down this path before me. I am hopping I do not have to have the windscreen re-bonded.

Any ideas?
Old April 10th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Paul von Klosst-Dohna

Leak Resolved!!

This weekend armed with a hose pipe and sealant I manged to detect the location of my leak. It was under the scuttle panel where the tensioner bar (which aides lifing the bonnet) located in a spot welded bracket up against the edge of the drain channel on the drivers side. I would never have guess it but I think there must be a small crack by the spot welds. Anyway I placed loads of sealant all over the spot welded bracket and it did the trick.

Dry carpets at last!!

Paul

Old April 11th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Ho Chung
W6HC

awesome!