Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 15th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

got KTM hauler?

luke put this up on dweb.
i think it's pretty nicely done.
By the time most people fully "load" their expedition 110 or 130 it's nearly as much of a pig and nowhere close to as liveable.

overall i think it's one of those ideas that is ridiculous in concept but turns out really nicely.

thots?
Old February 15th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Aaron Shrier
KI6BCA

Is that an espresso maker mounted on the wall? Nice!

I'm not really into the 4x4 RV thing... but I agree that it does have its place in the world and this one is nicely done.
Old February 15th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Aaron Shrier
KI6BCA

Hey. I just noticed... not windows on the outside but windows on the inside. Neat trick.
Old February 16th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLee
Its nice and cool for what it is but I hate RVs and maybe the owners even more. Every RV owner I've ever ran into when camping has been a douchebag. Everytime I go fly fishing in Bishop, bridgeport, or kennedy meadows, there is always some dipshit that comes into the campsite with his RV and of course he has to run his god damn generator till late at night. Hey asshole if I wanted to hear manmade sounds I would have stayed home. Come on are you kidding me, as if you can't live without TV (or whatever they are running) for a weekend. Please. Why bother going camping at all if you are going to bring every creature comfort out with you. Retarded. If you have an RV, stay at an RV park. There are plenty in the sierras stay out of regular campsites. I remember one time when I went fly fishing at the south fork of the Kern and when I returned at about 5pm the asshole in the campsite across from us already had his generator going. fine, I can live with that but he didn't turn that fucking thing off till 1 am. I was going to go over there and punch him in the nose. What an asshole. If you need to take a home out with you to the wild then stay home or go to a motel, don't ruin it for those of us who wish for peace and quiet.

I really don't see that thing as an RV. On paper maybe, but not in actuallity and not with where the owner might be likely to take it. Lord knows I loathe RVs. Especially the tools that showed up to RR5 with classics in tow. I see the utility of that big truck for travelling to really inhospitable cold places. Like the Chilean Andes or the Dempster Highway. Some brutal shit like that where you'd be trying to sleep in your truck anyways if you could fit.