Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:39 AM
Todd Miller

Rolex repair question

My wife dropped her Rolex face down on the slate floor and shattered the crystal. MY question is should we send it directly to Rolex service for repair or just take it to the dealer we bought it from? Also it is 5 or 6 years old should I also get it serviced? It ran fine until she dropped it, now it does not run at all.
Thanks
Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:49 AM
KI4WWU

Todd, unscrew the crown and pull it out to the second position if you haven't done so already. When the crystal shattered it sort of flakes apart on the inside sometimes and may be binding against the seconds hand.

I would take it to the AD you bought it from and have them send it to the Rolex Service Center in Dallas. Request Dallas, and not NYC.

My experience is the transaction is cleaner when you go through your dealer (they insure, they track, they correspond with the RSC). My experience also is that Dallas turns around service and repairs much faster than NYC, but that's just me.

The RSC will replace the crystal and do a complete service on the piece including a polish job on the case and bracelet.

I don't think you'll save much money or time dealing with the RSC directly, but I understand all you have to do is ship it with a letter requesting service.

After your dealer ships it for you they will be contacted by the service center with a list of what needs to be done or is recommended. The dealer will call you for authorization (price quote) and to let you know the status.

Sorry to hear about the accident. My daughter dropped my wife's DateJust several years ago on our tile floor in the bathroom and shattered the crystal. Dallas repaired it and serviced the movement and polished the case and bracelet...it was like new when we got it back.

Good luck!!

Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:05 AM
Todd Miller

thanks Ron