Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old December 23rd, 2015, 12:31 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

This guy really knows how to open a bottle of wine (about 90 seconds into the video):

I saw that video because I was looking for an aerator that sat on the glass. The cheap fuck in me is starting to drink box wines.
Old January 14th, 2016, 02:43 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Old January 14th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Christopher Snell
NW5W

Old January 15th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

That video was really great. It was so much better than Italian college kids trying flaming hot cheetos or Cholos eating kale chips and drinking kombucha.

These Korean girls had me grinning ear to ear. I'm no devotee of barbecue but it was SO refreshing to watch women who were really into meat. I just can't even begin to imagine a bunch of SoCal basic bitches tearing into those pork ribs with such delight. They also seemed amazing well informed and their comments were quite thoughful.

I'm not lying, I felt the cross-cultural bond between our two countries. I've never been to Korea and I've only read a little Korean history. My main exposure is from the LA crowd which I recognize is obviously quite different from the home country, but man. I got it. They get it. We all get it. I felt the love.

Just awesome.
Old January 15th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Ryan Loehr

That brisket looked good, but I'm curious about the flavor and tenderness. Like the video said, it's the hardest BBQ meat to cook. So many places screw it up and it winds up tasting like a prime rib or worse. Even here in KC, there are renowned BBQ restaurants that can't do brisket well.
Old January 17th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Daniel Chapman
KJ4BXR

That video is awesome. I'm sharing that on my BBQ facebook page.

That brisket was cut like a steak. A little thick for my liking and probably why the one lady thought it was dry. The fat to meat ratio was probably all messed up and the flat end of the brisket is naturally dry(er) vs the point end. If these girls like fat they should have had the point end of the brisket. That would have blown their heads off.

And those Brontosaurus ribs.... "American style" spare ribs are trimmed up a bit and the tip are discarded or thrown into the green beans. Go to Chili's if you want rib tips.

The meal still looked legit, though. BBQ brings everyone together.

Old January 20th, 2016, 10:42 AM
John Lee
K6YJ

Tranquillo? Is that what decaf is called in some parts of the world? I hope so because that's awesome.