Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old September 28th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Blueboy

new "Jerry Can" holder

Ho and John,

Great idea and addition to the product line. I've had one made from ECR on my RR for a number of years and this one has even better features.

I normally carry 2 gas and 2 water cans on the RR on long trips. My current holder also uses a basket, yet, the cans are up-right vs laying down. Your's is a good improvement and something that has been only available before on a custom design for the most part. Very nicely done.

Jaime
Old September 28th, 2004, 04:37 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Thanks for the kind words, Jaime.

We thought about the vertical orientation but don't see any advantage to it, because the Jerrycans can still be filled and depleted (using a Super Siphon) with the cans on their backs. The vertical orientation would gain nothing and look silly.
Old September 29th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Blueboy

John,

exactly on the vertical orientation today, yet, when mine was built the Super Siphon was not that common. it was easier to remove a full can with the handles up and standing on the RR's tailgate.

now that I have the Siphons - one for water, one for gas - the only time I remove the cans is after a trip so the orientation would now be easier if on their side. very cool and once I get my RR completed, you'll have another order!

also my current holder only fits my Brownchurch rack. it will be interesting to see if your design fits the 109 rack.

take care,

Jaime