User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old August 6th, 2008, 03:44 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

This may have been the origin of the term "mall ninja":

http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

For those of you who know how to read, take a look. It's worth the read.
Old August 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Mike Rupp
WZ7V

That's unreal. I bet Gecko45 looks like Napoleon Dynamite.
Old August 6th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Daniel Chapman
KJ4BXR

Quote:
Same with those mindless teenyboppers who go to the Hickory Farms store, and then take double samples of fruitcake and cheeselog, you warn them that they will be charged with a felony(grand theft), and that if they attempt to fight and run, they will be, unfortunately, first tazered, and if they continue to resist violently with intent to maim, then wounded.

I about choked.
Old August 7th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Ryan Tolentino

Quote:
If something happens at the Mall then I would be the hero...try laughing at the sheep out there who go to the mall unarmed trusting in me to stand guard over their lives like a God.

Oh God...This is some scary shit.

Old August 7th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

You think this is the joker from the youtube vids?

These kids are awesome.
I wish there was some sort of Mall Ninja Academy...
Like their own Kappa or something.
Old August 7th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

Gecko45 might be real but SPECOPS is a troll.
Old August 7th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Greg Hirst
KI6CQL

Are you kidding? They're both trolls.

If Gecko45 is for real, he has to have a mental health history with his delusions.
Old August 8th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Daniel Chapman
KJ4BXR

Old August 9th, 2008, 08:26 PM
kennith

Every unit has one. He is called the super trooper, Private High-Speed, and so on. Nobody likes him. He usually ends up working at a mall.

What a friggin dolt.

Cheers,

Kennith
Old August 14th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Eric Siepmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman

Live action role playing at its finest.
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

It's September so it's back-to-school time.

Tom Kimura, Rick Peterson and I leave tomorrow.
Just packing up our stuff and getting ready to go.

Can't wait to be back in class.

Old September 10th, 2008, 08:59 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

It's sweet that you're taking the head towel.

Have a good time.
Old November 11th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

I was thinking about shooting some 3gun matches.
Check out what happened when I asked if they were for gamers or practical shooters on our local range bbs:

http://oceansidepistol.com/forum/index.php?topic=678.0

Lol.
I think homeboy answered my question pretty clearly, despite his efforts not to.
Old November 20th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Ryan Tolentino

Going to Front Site for the 4-day Defensive Handgun.
Time to get schooled.
Thanks Tom for the certs.

Old November 20th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Ho Chung
W6HC

So did you find a P7?

Old November 21st, 2008, 12:27 AM
Ryan Tolentino

No P7 yet, but I did see John's post about the one selling on Calguns, and that Chantilly is very very sweet. I already had a G23 and just added a G35 a few months back, when I started shooting some IPDA matches. Hopefully some of that range practice will enhance what I'll be learning at Front Site. As for acquiring addition firearms, I'm debating on a "practical" rifle (that Jeff Cooper book is fantastic, what a wonderful and insightful read) or shotgun (I don't think my Mod12 cuts it defensively).

Old November 21st, 2008, 07:53 AM
Ho Chung
W6HC

hehe, I saw your "PM sent" posts.

man, JUST DO IT!

Old November 21st, 2008, 08:09 AM
Thomas Kimura
N6BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrovr
Going to Front Site for the 4-day Defensive Handgun.
Time to get schooled.
Thanks Tom for the certs.

Awesome. You'll probably see a substantial improvement in your IDPA level too.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 07:18 PM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrovr
I already had a G23 and just added a G35 a few months back, when I started shooting some IPDA matches.

Then what is the P7 for?

Seriously, you're all set.
Fuck getting another pistol it's time for a long gun that penetrates and ventilates.
Old December 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Ryan Tolentino

So I've been looking for that special long gun that penetrates and ventilates. After reading some previous posts and handling what I could at the local gun shops, still no love for the M1A1 Springfield Scout Squad, M1, SU16-CA, LWRC, etc.

While I was in Las Vegas there was a shop that had all kinds of goodies, all of which not CA legal. They did have one I really fell hard for, an HK41. It was on consignment, and unfortunately the owner didn't want the hassle of doing an FFL transfer to CA. So now I'm still researching and looking for something that will fit that battle rifle genre for my battery.

Old December 8th, 2008, 07:50 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Ryan,

I understand how you could fall for an HK41. It's an awesome rifle. But I hope you're not after an HK41 because somehow you think I recommend one. I don't. I think an HK41 is a terrible choice for you.

Your HK41 would have to have a bullet button to be legal in California. That sucks. There are also no genuine HK 10-shot magazines, so you'd have to ruin some factory 20-shot magazines with rivets and such. That's just wrong. You're much better off with a Kel-Tec, Saiga, or Mini-14. These are actually functioning weapons. They're not neutered with a bullet button. You can actually change magazines with your bare hands on these long guns. That's important.

These long guns also fit your physique. An HK41 is not the size of its battle rifle brethren like the FG42 or StG57 or BM59 or L1A1 FAL, but it's still a very large and heavy weapon. You'll look like a kid playing with his dad's rifle with an HK41 in your hands. The Kel-Tec, 5.56 Saiga, and Mini-14 are shorter, lighter, and generally smaller. All three will fit you better.

There's also cost. An HK41 costs, what, about $3,000 to $4,000? That's a shitload of money for a neutered gun when functioning Kel-Tecs and Mini-14s are going for $800. A Saiga goes for, what, about $300 to $400? These are pre-Obama prices, but you get the idea. I see used Kel-Tecs galore on Calguns going for $400 because the chump sellers are dumping their functioning Kel-Tecs for neutered ARs. It's hilarious.

I don't recommend the LWRC for you for many of the same reasons. The LWRC doesn't have the size and weight of the HK41, but you'd have to bullet button it to make it legal. An LWRC also costs $2,200. That's a lot for a neutered AR. You'd be paying several times the price of a Kel-Tec, Mini-14, or Saiga for less weapon.

If you just have to score the HK41, do it after you have your Armageddon stash all sorted away. By sorted away, I mean something legal and functional like a Kel-Tec, Mini-14, or Saiga in your possession, a few thousand rounds, about a dozen mags, some spare parts, sling, etc. Train and train with this weapon until you're a death meachine. Then, if you have any money and energy left, get an HK41 as a collector/shooter/luxury/fun gun.
Old December 10th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

It's true.

Get a working gun.

Yes, we're all chumps for not buying AWs buy the caseload when we could, but what's done is done. There are still plenty of functional battle carbines out there and we can no longer afford to be too choosey. Especially if you have nothing at all.

Don't kid yourself, a bullet buttoned weapon is either an invitation to break the law or a technological step backwards about 75 years. It may look high speed, but it's not.
In dire times you want to be completely compliant, not partially compliant. It's common to see things the other way, but it's a fallacy.
Old December 11th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Ryan Tolentino

Thanks for your pearls of knowledge guys. the reasons why I found the HK41 so alluring, was that it was in right caliber I was looking for, and as John said, "One of the cool things about owning and shooting HKs is the variety of different accessories available for them". With the limited availability of these weapons, and gun laws changing daily, I thought that I should act quickly before my opportunities of ownership disappears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlee
An HK41...is a very large and heavy weapon. You'll look like a kid playing with his dad's rifle with an HK41 in your hands.
It was exactly as you mentioned.

After reading your posts, I now see the errors of my juvenile thinking; My foremost priority is to build a good Armageddon battery. With the limited selection of battle carbines out there, it seems Kel-tec is something I may opt for. Although I would greatly prefer shooting more within the rifle caliber range (Saiga .308), the availability and types of magazines for the Kel-tec is too appealing.

John, I did see a number of SU16-CA's being dumped on Calguns, but unfortunately I was in my HK41 trance, and failed to pull the trigger on any of those great deals. So for now I'll continue my search, and meanwhile see if there is anything else best suited for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlee
If you just have to score the HK41, do it after you have your Armageddon stash all sorted away...
Most definitely

Old December 11th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Ryan Tolentino

I did have a chance to fire away on an HKSP98 this weekend at an IDPA-esque type of event. It was awesome.

Old February 9th, 2009, 04:21 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

I thought these Magpul vids were interesting:

Magpul epitomizes the current tacticool movement. However, that is not to say that there's nothing to be learned from these guys. Some of their unconventional and field-expedient shooting positions look pretty sweet and I really like the way they run with short buttstocks. I think I'll get that Magpul Dynamics carbine video on my next Brownells order.

I like this Magpul vid as well:

I guess Chris Costa is a Puccini fan. That's sweet. But he can't spell for shit.