Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old September 14th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Stevepurvis

Smile Rear Springs

I want to uprate the rear springs on my Discovery 300tdi....have heard all sorts of stories about the pros and cons of a 2" OME lift with altering the geometery....but have been sugested using the one that the police and camel trophy in the uk used does anyone have any experience of either of these and any part numbers that may help along the way????

cheers steve
Old September 14th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Steve Cooper

[quote=Stevepurvis]I want to uprate the rear springs on my Discovery 300tdi....QUOTE]

Why? What are you trying to achieve? Lift - more carrying capacity - flex?

There are a lot of retailers in the UK that carry the 'police' springs - just pickup any LR magazine and you'll find a dozen or more ads. However, unless you actually are a policeman and travel the M1 at 70mph you might not be altogether happy with them.

The OME springs are much better for off-road and/or load carrying. I tried the 'police' springs and they sagged like a surrogates titties with any slight load. I've had OME 781 rears for about three years now and they are the same height as the day I installed them.

Regards,

Steve
Old September 14th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Stevepurvis

Smile Thank You

Thanks for that......Im kitting thr vehicle out for expedition use.....what hight are the OMe springs that you have fitted??

cheers steve