Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 2nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
Won Park

Question ipod solutions, NE1?

Just bought 99 disco II with CD changer & H.K. sound option.

Does anybody have a lead on hooking up my ipod to the factory system.

I do have a fm modulator but, i guess the factory radio is too sensitive to pick the sound. Plus, I was hoping there may be kit which will let me use the steering control to like the BMW's do.

I saw an Alpine ipod connector kit...... but i don't think they work with the LR factory radio......

NE1 out there?
Old February 3rd, 2005, 08:08 AM
Rob Davison

google : land rover ipod

you get links to products and information such as this

http://mental.ctnetworks.com/~chris/ipodinstall/

or

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/ipodlandrover.html

-rd
Old February 3rd, 2005, 04:39 PM
michael

Belkin?

I looked at those links Rob found. That is some pretty extensive and expensive work for something with a cable still snaked into the console.

Have you tried the Bellkin transmitter? I use my Belkin alot while traveling in the DSII. My radio picks it up just fine. It does require fiddling with the volume on the radio with the volume on the iPod to get that sweet spot. I suspect your iPod may not have the frequencies stored, or you have not selected the frequency via the click wheel.

Anywho, I dump mine in the center console, or stick it in the overhead map compartment. The fact is anywhere you put a full size iPod within reach on a rover, it is going to stand out like a sore thumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parantaeyang
Just bought 99 disco II with CD changer & H.K. sound option.

Does anybody have a lead on hooking up my ipod to the factory system.

I do have a fm modulator but, i guess the factory radio is too sensitive to pick the sound. Plus, I was hoping there may be kit which will let me use the steering control to like the BMW's do.

I saw an Alpine ipod connector kit...... but i don't think they work with the LR factory radio......

NE1 out there?
Old February 4th, 2005, 11:44 PM
brianw

iPod

I velcro'd my iPod docking station to the top of the dash and use a Belkin FM transmitter. I run a Belkin power adapter from the cigarette lighter to the docking station. Again, a naked wire running up the dash - but the base station came with the iPod and the transmitter was inexpensive. At least I can move this setup easily to the second car.
Old February 5th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Rob Davison

i just got my ipod and have been too busy to load on a single song.

i got this all in one unit for now.

http://www.everythingipod.com/TFM.tp...bs/products.db

i'll repost back how it works once i use it... it's been sitting here 3 weeks

don't forget to peep www.ipodlounge.com for all things ipod. It's been my discoweb replacement.... i'm now a cyber ipodder.

rd
Old February 9th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Lee Walden

I have a Dell DJ 20 with a Belkin Tuncast FM Transmitter, the cheaper one with 4 station options. I should have spent the extra couple bucks on the Tunecast II with tuning options from 88 to 107 because the sound quality is fairly poor with a lot of interference in the city. If you do go with the FM Transmitter, go with the Belkin Tunecast II. I think I am going to buy the Tunecast II unless there is a CHEAPER hardwiring alternative...? check out ebay for the Tunecast II... .99 cent NR auctions ending left and right with no bids, just pay a few bucks SH...better than 35$
Old March 13th, 2005, 08:42 PM
SmellyAlbatross

Monster (the people who make stereo cables) has a product i briefly looked at, allowing you to hook the ipod into the back of the car stereo, and use it much like a cd changer...I think it was like 250.00...check into that..may be what you need.