Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old May 7th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Daniel Chapman
KJ4BXR

Made a nice score on ebay the other day. I've been keeping an eye out for a 6-PW set of MP-32's in good shape, and I came across an auction ending within 5-minutes. The seller had a "0" feedback rating and I'm guessing that made people uneasy bidding from this guy. The auction was up to $26.00 with 5-minutes left so I put in a $50.00 bid. The auction ended with no one else bidding and I ended up paying $43.00 after shipping.

Old May 7th, 2010, 09:41 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Score!
Old May 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Christopher Snell
NW5W

Dan, if you're doing eBay auctions, you should get some sniping software.

http://www.jbidwatcher.com/
Old May 13th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Daniel Chapman
KJ4BXR

I've been holding out for a deal on some MP-32's. I've got the MP-37's now, but from a 7-iron down I suck. People are telling me a cavity club might make some difference. So I've been looking for some MP-32's.

A friend of a friend loaned me his MP-57 cavity's to try out. He does not like these MP-57's because of the DG R300 shafts. He likes the graphite shafts on his Callaways, so the MP-57's are his back-ups. I'm not a fan of the MP-57's, but there is no denying that these are some super easy clubs to hit. I actually like hitting the MP-57's. I feel so wrong.
Old May 13th, 2010, 02:54 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

It's all in your head. Whatever clubs you play with won't make any difference in your score.
Old May 13th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Daniel Chapman
KJ4BXR

I don't know, John, there is defiantly something going on here.

Just as an example, today I dumped out about 100 balls at one end of a field, and then took my 5-gallon bucket down range about 110 yards. I aimed for the bucket. I never actually hit the bucket, but I was feeling good with the 9-iron and several shots were really close to my bucket.

I gathered up my balls and tried again with my MP-37 9-iron. I hit about 50 more balls and called it a day. There is defiantly a difference in the two clubs in the way the ball flies. I actually think I'm more accurate with the MP-37's than I am with the MP-57's. However, I had double the shitty hits in 50 tries than I did with the MP-57's. Mainly cutting too deep and only flying the ball about 30-40 yards.

I'll have to look at my MP-37's and see what shafts I have on them. They might be S300's. The MP-57's are R300's. Both have Golf Pride medium grips. I'm not sure what the real difference is, but I think I like the MP-57's more.

But you're right, I doubt the MP-57's would lower my score. I need a lot more help than just some new irons. I've been playing two, sometimes three, times a week. I still suck. But it's those 200-yard fairway shots that lay within 10-feet of the hole that keeps me going back....even if I have to three putt it sometimes.

I think I'm going to start taking a different approach to my practices, though. I like hitting my driver so when I go to the range I hit my driver the most. I think I've got it backwards, though. Putting always seemed easy to me, but putting is hard. I need to work on putting more than I need to work on my driver. Then I think I'll move to chipping. Once I get better with my scoring clubs, then I'll revisit my irons.
Old June 24th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Matt Taylor

Holy shit. Tiger has agreed to pay Elin $750 million in a divorce settlement, despite having a pre-nup.

Dude must have some horrible secrets. It appears he's paying for her silence.

I don't care how much money he has currently, or what his future earning potential is. $750 million is an off-the-charts amount. I can't think of any secret I'd pay $750 million to keep quiet, even if I had his ability to earn. It's simply ridiculous.

He must have given her the superaids or something. Damn.

http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/201...t-617.html.php

Quote:
"They've agreed on all the major points," one source told us. "It's all been worked out privately. Both Tiger and Elin are very close to finishing the negotiations and filing and signing the paperwork."
Elin is expected to receive approximately $750 million in the settlement.
The Sun-Times is also using that $750 mil figure. Wow. What a payday. Well, school clothes are expensive.

Major issues which seem to have been worked out, according to the Sun-Times:

* Elin is demanding Tiger not bring any future female companions around the kids ''unless he is married to said person.''
* Tiger's legal team was adamant about Elin agreeing not to do any tell-all or media interviews. She agreed to this. ''She is so private. The last thing she would ever do is revisit this horrible period in her life,'' said a longtime Florida friend.
* Elin will have her primary residence in Florida, to keep the kids close to Tiger.
Old June 24th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Bill Gill, aka chump hater

ouch

Old September 30th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Matt Taylor

The 2010 Ryder Cup starts tomorrow and runs through Sunday. It's being held at The Celtic Manor Resort in Newport, Wales.

Team USA is captained by Corey Pavin. Gritty, competitive dude. But he always seemed to me like sort of an offbeat guy, generally speaking. I wonder if he'll have the people skills to be a good captain. Ultimately, all he really has to do is make good matches. It's up to the players to hold down their matches, so if Pavin is some sort of weirdo it shouldn't matter.

Team USA doesn't really seem scary on paper:

Phil Mickelson
Hunter Mahan
Bubba Watson
Jim Furyk
Steve Stricker
Dustin Johnson
Jeff Overton
Matt Kuchar
(captain's picks below)
Stewart Cink
Rickie Fowler
Zach Johnson
Tiger Woods

Hmmn. Not a ton of Ryder Cup experience there. Tiger generally plays like a chump in this event, and that's when he's dominating the world. Don't know what to expect from him now. Rickie Fowler can play, but is very young. I'll be interested to see what he does.

Team Europe is captained by Colin Montgomerie, who is kind of a prick, but can be considered the face of Team Europe's Ryder Cup dominance lately. After Seve stopped playing, Monty has been Europe's emotional leader and the backbone of their efforts, I think. Great captain. Hyper competitive dude.

Here are their players:

Luke Donald
Ross Fisher
Peter Hanson
Padraig Harrington
Miguel Angel Jimenez
Martin Kaymer
Graeme Mcdowell
Rory Mcliroy
Edoardo Molinari
Francesco Molinari
Ian Poulter
Lee Westwood

The Europeans have won 5 of the last 7 Ryder Cups, and though the Americans are defending champs, it appears to me that the Europeans are set to take this one pretty easily. 11 of their 12 players are ranked in the top 32 in the world. It's cold and raining in Wales, which has to favor the Europeans.

Anything can happen, but this European team seems stacked. Truthfully, other than Zach Johnson, Hunter Mahan, Furyk, and Rickie Fowler, there is no one on the American team I really like to root for. Stricker is okay, I guess. But I don't love him.
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:47 AM
David Lucas

Dustin Johnson and I were born in the same city so I like to see him do well.

Old February 24th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Ho Chung
W6HC

Just got a new putter. SeeMore m6:

Anybody want to buy my black mFGP?

Old February 24th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Matt Taylor

How long is it? I've been thinking about getting one.
Old February 24th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Ho Chung
W6HC

34" shaft. with a Scotty baby T grip.

Old February 28th, 2011, 01:35 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

My older nephew outgrew his first set of clubs so I scored him a new set. We hit the range yesterday:

That's his "driver". The set came with a driver, but I swapped the driver for a 5-wood instead. I think it's ridiculous that these kiddie sets come with a driver.

The address:

The backswing:

The finish:

My younger nephew inherited my older nephew's starter set. Yesterday was his first time at the range. He was all pumped up but was really intimidated once we got there:

This looks like his pitching wedge:

Address:

Takeaway:

Finish:

His "driver":

Address:

Finish:

He kept wanting to spread out his feet so my brother set up some balls to act as markers:

Address:

Impact:

From behind:

He's looking pretty good there.
Old March 1st, 2011, 03:08 PM
Matt Taylor

Nice. I wish my three year old would show interest. In due time, I guess.

He's just not into it, and I'm not going to force it. Your nephews seem to be enjoying it.
Old March 1st, 2011, 03:30 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

My nephews swing that club in such a manner that you can't even call it golf. They both hit jungle-style. No form. No finesse. They just try to hit the ball as far as they can. They miss half the time too.
Old December 17th, 2013, 09:16 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

One of my friends scored these Mizuno MP-4s:

They're nice.
Old May 29th, 2014, 01:46 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

The MP-29:

It's been quite a while since I saw the 29s in person. They're so pure. The heads are a little longer than the MP-14 heads. Less offset than the MP-33 and MP14:

At least that's true for the long irons. For some reason, the 29s get more and more offset as the clubs get shorter. I don't know why.

I'm pissed these aren't mine. They belong to my brother. He just had them sent to me. His set even has the 2-iron:

What a score. Beautiful clubs.
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Daniel Chapman
KJ4BXR

My little cousin is becoming a badass.

http://youtu.be/x3GTrbEPNng
Old May 30th, 2014, 01:59 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Nice.
Old June 11th, 2014, 11:00 AM
John Lee
K6YJ

My brother came by the shop this morning to lie/loft his irons:

It's kind of crazy seeing such awesome sticks in one place:

Comparo pic:

My brother thinks he likes the 14s the best, the 29s next, and the 33s the least. I'm the opposite. I think I like the 33s the best, the 29s next, and the 14s the least. It's really hard to say for sure though, because they're all so pure.

For me, it's easy to say I like the 14s the least, and it's between the 29s and the 33s. The 33s have less offset throughout the range. The 29s have the bitchin flare at the front of the muscle-back. The 29s also have plain hosels without the marketing and the most legible numbering on the soles. The 29s also feel Old Money.

Better view of the three 2-irons:

Feel the love.

They're all so pure that I'm not going to say one is nicer than the next. They're all nice.
Old October 16th, 2014, 03:24 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Conventional wisdom on putters:

SeeMore turns conventional wisdom on its ear:

Old April 13th, 2015, 12:02 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Tiger's current sticks:

http://www.golfwrx.com/263215/tiger-woods-witb-2015/

5-wood? Excuse me?

And these are "blades"?:

Tiger is playing cavities? LOL.

These clubs say more than the injuries. They say more than the shanked and skulled short shots. Tiger Woods is finished.
Old July 20th, 2015, 05:07 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Zach Johnson scores the Open Championship:

That Claret Jug is the most beautiful trophy in all of sport.

His secret weapon:

Love that putter. The other dudes never stood a chance.