Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old August 5th, 2007, 11:23 AM
reelpain

A NAS 110 for 150k ???

Copley does it again! They take a worn 93 NAS 110 and have it refurbished at ECR. ( complete with the "new" 4.6 gas engine and trainy )Then plop a 150 K sticker on it. Nice, if you want to live in it!

Do I smell another Lottery pool??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copley ECR NAS 110.JPG (142.3 KB, 50 views)
Old August 5th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Aaron Shrier
KI6BCA

How in the world do you see over that spare?
Old August 5th, 2007, 06:38 PM
David Shechter
KC2PFB

That's the first thing I noticed too, that spare has to be at least a 265/75. That's ridiculous, then I start to notice the non factory color on the roll bar which is supposed to be white and those ugly rock sliders. They should have just made it bone stock, anyone who can afford $150 on a 110, can certainly afford an extra $5k on mods.

What a shame.

Last edited by sheki : August 6th, 2007 at 03:56 AM.
Old August 5th, 2007, 09:38 PM
wsixhan
W6HAN

i think i have better things to spend 150k on...
Old August 5th, 2007, 09:53 PM
reelpain

Buy a NEW RRS with all the bells and whistles..A few more watches!
I'd love to know who they sell too?
Old August 6th, 2007, 03:53 AM
David Shechter
KC2PFB

looking at that tire on the hood again makes me think it's a 285/75. That thing looks so retarded sitting on there!
Old August 6th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Daniel Chapman
KJ4BXR

http://www.eastcoastrover.com/188.html

All it says is a "33" inch tire.
Old August 6th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Chris Whybrew

How did you get the price on it? Did you call? When I looked at the website this morning the price was blank? This one is selling for $150k. I do see your point...jeez. A $60-70k truck with a $10k new engine/transmission set up and they almost double the price....wow.

http://www.copleymotorcars.com/nas_d...3.1vo1297.html

Old August 6th, 2007, 10:34 AM
reelpain

That one was a different listing on Copley's sight.. I just checked and they moved the price. none the less its too much for any defender!
Old August 6th, 2007, 10:35 AM
David Marchand
KB1NYP

Most of their high dollar rigs are bought and re-sold among a group of collectors they have relationships with. Often trading other rovers (thus the continual supply of low mile 90's), or folks who lease these for 6-12 months. Thus why these rigs return to their stock based on either instance.

As for the price, they will get it. Everyone discounts the time value of building a rig to spec. Sure you can buy a $40K NAS 110 with rust and high mileage drive train, etc. But then rebuild it and source the parts and wait 1-2 years for completion. You will easily be right at 100K total including labor. They mark up and make a profit for doing all of the legwork and having it "in stock", ready for delivery. Not a bad business and one most people envy (so long as it is successful).
Old August 6th, 2007, 10:46 AM
reelpain

Considering the limited number here in the North America's they can only refurbish so many then the well is dry. It is however a VERY GOOD premium. I'm sure they will get it, but with a price tag like that, I doubt it gets trailed much. What a waste!!

Maybe on the grass behind the ranch. If you call that trailing?
Old August 6th, 2007, 11:29 AM
craigc

I think most of these end up on Nantucket. I was out there for two weeks this year and was amazed at how many were on this small island. Every year we go the defender population is increasing.

My Mother-in-law's freind had a 1997 NAS defender LE - I started to kid with her about buying it when she upgraded to the new Rangie...

She didn't say where she bought it from but indicated that she spent well over 60k for it. I understand it only had 18k on it but that is just a crazy amount of money. Plus since she has had it she has had to replace the transmission twice - ouch! She was trying to explain to me why she paid so much for it, being a limited edition and they don't make them any more etc etc... oh boy!

Copley is making a killing out in that area - and all they get used for is driving on the beaches there. Crazy!
Old August 6th, 2007, 03:43 PM
alcruz

Well I didn't pay 150K for mine, more like 15% of that. She does need some work but she is sound and runs well. As Han mentioned there are better things to do with that money and I couldn't agree more.....well unless I won the lotto

My little futboler things she's priceless and so do the rest of the girls on her team.

Soccer dad Al
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9238c.JPG (220.8 KB, 45 views)