User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old July 26th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Daniel Chapman
KJ4BXR

Yikes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02984.JPG (67.0 KB, 97 views)
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Skyler Neibaur
KE7ZYL

Chopped Series

Old July 30th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Kevin Mokracek

I'd cruise that chopped series around LA. Take it to Bob's Bigboy in Toluca Lake on Friday night.
Old August 5th, 2008, 02:06 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Old August 5th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

I was just telling someone about that ridiculous photo.

Was it Sheki or Sinuhe that did freelance work for HK?
Old August 5th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Bill Gill, aka chump hater

Wow, that's bad.

Old August 5th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Sinuhe Xavier
yes

I don't do much studio work... Must have been Shek...
Old August 8th, 2008, 11:09 AM
John Lee
K6YJ

Old August 8th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Ho Chung
W6HC

more tactical stuff:
TacticalShotgun.jpg

Old August 8th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlee

Which one is Evan?
Old August 8th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Aaron Shrier
KI6BCA

He is hard to see in that picture. Maybe this will help.

Hey Evan, stand up so Jack can see you.

policestuff_2013_147675578.jpg
Old August 8th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Ryan Tolentino

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad
He is hard to see in that picture. Maybe this will help.
Hey Evan, stand up so Jack can see you.

Damn...he's good. Really really good.

Old August 14th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Sinuhe Xavier
yes

One life and this is how he chose to live it?
Old August 15th, 2008, 08:58 AM
John Lee
K6YJ

That pic has to be one of the all-time greats.

Everything about it, from the lame tattoo to the roll cage to the cracked windscreen to the wannabe Defender lines of the ULINE dash to the 2 AWG power cables to the laptop mount to the patently apparent effort to try to do a good job, just scream chump.

Good find.
Old August 15th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Daniel Chapman
KJ4BXR

Laptop mount? I thought that was a beer holder.
Old August 15th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Aaron Shrier
KI6BCA

$17,000 motorcycle with a $30 muffler.

Old August 15th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Bruno Tome
N8YQ

Quote:
That pic has to be one of the all-time greats.

Everything about it, from the lame tattoo to the roll cage to the cracked windscreen to the wannabe Defender lines of the ULINE dash to the 2 AWG power cables to the laptop mount to the patently apparent effort to try to do a good job, just scream chump.

Good find.

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn198/aslostasyou/

Is that the Rhino guy ?
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Daniel Chapman
KJ4BXR

Yes
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Bruno Tome
N8YQ

Quote:

The red paint on it cracks me up.
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:05 AM
John Lee
K6YJ

Oh shit.

That's Jason Michaels Red Rhino H2eater For Breakfast? How fitting.

Here's Mr. Xtreeme Team on DiscoWeb:

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2eater
Forget all this new orange crap, I was driving down I-95 and came up on a 85 year old lady who could barely see over the wheel of a new Freelander G4.. Is this what we have been reduced to? Old ladies driving tupperware Rovers? I have the videos from 83 to 93 and they get worse over the years. Worse by less vehicle involvement and tooooo much f'ing kayaking and mountain biking... Back in day with RR's and SIII support vehicles it was the shit!

This is the same guy who wanted to mount a spare onto his Rangie's hood:

Quote:
I need to build a custom spare tire mount on the hood of my 92' RRC. Has anyone built a custom mount and if so could they send me some info on it? Pictures possibly? Thanks.

Mr. Rhinolined springs:

Quote:
I will have a set of Bearmach Heavy Duty Springs available next week. The rears are 295lb rate and the fronts are 195lbs and they yield a true 3" lift. They were used for 2k miles and were Rhino Lined black, I am upgrading to custom springs for an Expedition. I would like to get $175 + s/h, PayPal only. Email jason@speciatytools.com.

He's so bad ass he requires custom springs. Presumably, the custom springs will have 286.7 and 198.3 lb. rates. This time, he won't repeat his previous mistake. This time, he'll rhinoline the custom springs red for the true "Red Rhino" effect.

Here he begs for money in public:

Quote:
Greetings all,

We are Jason Michaels and Jason Stone, and we have recently to been selected as a team in the upcoming USA to Belize Land Rover expedition that will take thirty participants and their personal vehicles over 5000 miles from Houston, TX to Belize and back.

The three-week expedition will depart August 24, 2004 with the objective of raising money and awareness for TIDE (Toledo Institute for Development and Environment), a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving environments in Belize that are currently threatened by many primitive farming techniques.

We “Jasons” have been friends since we were fourteen years-old and, Jason Michaels has participated in several off-road events in the Southeast and loves working the Land Rover community. He is a member of the Florida Land Rover Club and has helped organize several Land Rover related events in the southeast. He truly has a passion for the out doors.

Jason Stone will be Jason Michael’s partner in the USA to Belize expedition and is currently a senior English and Spanish major at Stetson University in DeLand, Florida. Jason Stone dedicates his time to free-lance writing projects. He will be writing a review on the entire expedition which will be submitted to several Land Rover and Outdoor magazines with the hope of reaching new supporters for TIDE.

Due to the charitable nature of the event, we must secure adequate funding in order to both equip our team for the expedition and pay an entry fee that will later be contributed to TIDE. The event will be publicized by the Discovery channel when Overland films Inc. airs its educational documentary of the trip in an effort to promote conservancy, commerce and bio-diversity.

If any individual is in interested in helping support us your contribution will not only help us further our personal mission to compete in this great event, but will strengthen environmental awareness through TIDE. We can process personal checks and PayPal at this time for donations.

From a business owner’s standpoint, in exchange for your sponsorship, our expedition vehicle will bare your company’s name, which will be visible to the international Rover community and general public along our route to Belize and back. During the event there will be multiple photo’ops and press junkets where your company’s name will also receive exposure. Your company’s name will also be visible when Overland films Inc. airs its educational documentary of the trip in an effort to promote conservancy, commerce and bio-diversity. There will also be mention of your company in the human/team interest piece that is being written and submitted to several off-road and outdoor magazines for publication.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration and we look forward to hearing from you along with keeping you up to date with our progress on the expedition. Please email any questions to jason@specialtytools.com.

OK, asshole, here's how it works.

Fourwheeling is your hobby. Don't ask others to support your hobby. If you can't bankroll your hobby, then you have the wrong hobby. Get a hobby you can afford. If you can afford your hobby but can't bankroll your participation in extended trips and events, then limit your hobby to aspects of it that you can afford.

Furthermore, don't tell me you're participating in event xyz because it's a charity event and your participation is motivated by your great altruism. You're participating in event xyz because you want to participate in event xyz. Whether or not event xyz is charitable is irrelevant to you. It's irrelevant to the event xyz organizers as well. The event xyz organizers play the charity angle to try to make their event more legit. You play the charity angle to try to get free stuff from others. You know. I know it. And the event xyz organizers know it.

Don't play the charity card. If you can't afford what you want to do, then don't do it.
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Aaron Shrier
KI6BCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno
The red paint on it cracks me up.

In the owner's own words:

Quote:
A local muffler shop bent the correct angle in a short piece of pipe to get from the collector to the muffler (used the stock muffler and connector pipe as a pattern). Including the bending they charged me $8.73 for the 2 1/4" OD aluminized steel connector pipe (they said the bending should be extra, but included it in the material cost). The muffler is a Thrush Glasspack part no. 24069 with a 2 1/4" ID inlet and outlet. I fabricated a muffler bracket out of some 1/8" thick aluminum scraps.
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Bruno Tome
N8YQ

Quote:

OK, asshole, here's how it works.

Fourwheeling is your hobby. Don't ask others to support your hobby. If you can't bankroll your hobby, then you have the wrong hobby. Get a hobby you can afford. If you can afford your hobby but can't bankroll your participation in extended trips and events, then limit your hobby to aspects of it that you can afford.

Furthermore, don't tell me you're participating in event xyz because it's a charity event and your participation is motivated by your great altruism. You're participating in event xyz because you want to participate in event xyz. Whether or not event xyz is charitable is irrelevant to you. It's irrelevant to the event xyz organizers as well. The event xyz organizers play the charity angle to try to make their event more legit. You play the charity angle to try to get free stuff from others. You know. I know it. And the event xyz organizers know it.

Don't play the charity card. If you can't afford what you want to do, then don't do it.

Agreed.

But John, it's not a "trip" it is an Expedition.
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Bruno Tome
N8YQ

Quote:

I can't believe i missed the custom luggage rack - lovely.
Old August 17th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Daniel Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanablur

One life and this is how he chose to live it?

Mas:

Quote:
Should the front track-rod be below the panhard rod? I think the geometry is off but I'm not sure how to measure it all. Is there some sort of height at rest vs, axle width x travel equation to work it out?

Old August 17th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Sinuhe Xavier
yes

Before.

After