Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 19th, 2007, 06:03 PM
brianw

Heated Seat Install Problem

I have 2000 D2 SD. I saw on DISCO web instructions for installing components for a heated seat.

I bought the switches and heated pad. Installed the switches - which work (red light comes on when depressed). Before uncovering the seat, I hooked up the heated pad to the wiring harness under the seat. The harness fits perfectly; however, no heat.

I checked fuses, connections and jiggled this and that. Nothing.

Any ideas?
Old November 21st, 2007, 04:55 AM
KI4WWU

Didn't all DII's come with heated seats, only the switch was deleted for non-Cold Weather Package trucks?

Old November 21st, 2007, 04:20 PM
brianw

seats

I don't think so. The entire wiring is complete. Just the switches and the seat itself are the only differences. Even the heated switch light comes on when I hit the defrost light - which also turns on the heated windshield.

I got back under the seat again this afternoon. There are four fuse slots under the seat near the front. Only three fuses are installed. The fourth slot does not have a fuse nor does it appear to have the connections towards the rear like the other three fuse slots. I know that one of the fuses is a 40 amp fuse that powers the seat.

Best guess is that the fourth slot is for the heated seat. However, none of the sites I visited that posted instructions ever mentioned having to swap out the fuse "tray" for one that is designed to carry the heated seat fuse.
Old November 27th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Craig Miller
K7NAV

The 4th fuse slot is empty.

Their is a black controller unit under the drivers seat. I think it starts with ANWR. It can sometimes get fried.

If the truck is leather and is an early model the seat heaters will be in there. If it is a canvas or fake leather seat then their won't be any heating elements. If neither seat is heating up, I'm guessing you either have a bad controller, bad relay (also under the drivers side seat), or no heating elements.

Craig
Old December 1st, 2007, 06:58 PM
Ben Little
KE7BEN

All DII's did come with heated seats. I bought the switches and in two minutes, heated seats. No messing with fuses or pads...