Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old April 6th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Todd Miller

Jack, I will admit the "LTC" ads are a bit over the top with foolish use of props etc. However, she does carry the wellies Ron is looking for and has a nice selection so he can try them on rather that ordering from the Net and finding out they don't fit just right.
BTW her first LTC was in London when she lived there with her family, so I guess she has the cred to call this one the same.
She also does carry alot of British and European clothes etc that are very hard to find here in the States. So, if you are looking for a pair of Purdey plus fours and a tweed jacket and cap to hit the high pheasants at some trumped up " English Shoot" this is the place to go. Believe it or not there are some of us Southern yobs that have heard of England, some of us have even been there.

I hesitate to mention for fear of ridicule and shame that Sierra Trading Post currently has a nice pair of Barbour wellies for only $65.
I hope you haven't discussed them already too, and I missed it. LOL
Old April 6th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

I'm not buying it.

I don't care where those people are from, they definitely don't get it.

Furthermore, all of those goods are available from a multitude of sources, including Staffords in Georgia.
Old April 6th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Todd Miller

I hear you. Her ads are a bit sad. They actually don't do justice to her store. She has it set up very well, but it is for the "city" person looking for something to wear on that one shoot or quail hunt etc.

I have shopped there on several occasions because she has the best Barbour selection in Atlanta as well as Purdey. Purdey makes some nice shirts.
Old April 7th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Eric Siepmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by discotdi
I hear you. Her ads are a bit sad. They actually don't do justice to her store. She has it set up very well, but it is for the "city" person looking for something to wear on that one shoot or quail hunt etc.

I have shopped there on several occasions because she has the best Barbour selection in Atlanta as well as Purdey. Purdey makes some nice shirts.

Atlanta is definetly becoming more urban, but it is still a far cry from having a true urban population IMO. Needs much more gentrification in other nieghborhoods aside from the few regions in the north.

I am always surprised that given the traffic down there, that people aren't gentrifying quicker. Course you really don't have a CBD like the loop so it definitely complicates things.

You guys solve your water issues yet?
Old April 7th, 2008, 08:40 AM
KI4WWU

Quote:
Jack, I will admit the "LTC" ads are a bit over the top with foolish use of props etc. However, she does carry the wellies Ron is looking for and has a nice selection so he can try them on rather that ordering from the Net and finding out they don't fit just right.
BTW her first LTC was in London when she lived there with her family, so I guess she has the cred to call this one the same.
She also does carry alot of British and European clothes etc that are very hard to find here in the States. So, if you are looking for a pair of Purdey plus fours and a tweed jacket and cap to hit the high pheasants at some trumped up " English Shoot" this is the place to go. Believe it or not there are some of us Southern yobs that have heard of England, some of us have even been there.

I hesitate to mention for fear of ridicule and shame that Sierra Trading Post currently has a nice pair of Barbour wellies for only $65.
I hope you haven't discussed them already too, and I missed it. LOL

lol...I'll stop by soon Todd. You're right about liking to try on a boot prior to ordering. And I never tuck my corduroy cargo pants into my Gokeys...lol

Old April 7th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Jonathan Hanson

This is a tough one for me. I loathe the poseur atmosphere and fake outdoorsy models. On the other hand, I'm willing to support any business willing to stock arcane, high-quality equipment. It has to be a labor of love to carry $400 rubber boots and 75-year-old technology in outerwear in the U.S.

So, if the LTC had a branch in Tucson . . .
Old April 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Sinuhe Xavier
yes

Quote:

Don't fear the ridicule... Embrace it.
Old April 8th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Douglas G. Gable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH
Just wipe it down. My Bedale is over 14 years old and just now - well, maybe in the last couple years - really due for some reproofing. I need to order a tin as I can't find the one that came with it.

I think Barbour still has their refurbishment service for really tatty jackets.

Yes, they still offer that service. I sent my Bedale to New Hampshire two years ago for a re-proofing. Twenty-eight dollars, and it took a while to get it back, but it was like new when I finally did get it. Last year, I did it myself. Took about 3 hours, but it turned out great.

61 Series II 109 SW
95 RRC County LWB
06 Range Rover
98 Discovery LE

Last edited by hochung : April 25th, 2008 at 08:34 PM.