Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old April 7th, 2017, 04:38 AM
jrose609 jrose609 is online now
Jason Rose
KF7YVN
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad
Ok, yeah... that's very very wrong.
Hahaha. In so many ways
____________________
1983 110 CSW 200tdi

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old April 7th, 2017, 11:07 AM
hks3sgte hks3sgte is online now
Cesar Gomez
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,086
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old April 10th, 2017, 07:38 AM
kevinp kevinp is online now
Kevin Price KJ6NII
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose609

Its no uglier than it started. A prius is for people who want the world to know that they hate cars, and view them as evil. But they, although they don't want to own a car, must. So they bring themselves to own a prius so you can see how much they care. At least Mr. Pergo Prius has a sense of humor about it.

I'm not impressed by people who own prius (priuses? priui?). I'm impressed by people who are so environmental that they don't own a car, but bike or take public transit instead, but still manage to work at a real job. That takes commitment.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old April 10th, 2017, 12:42 PM
JSQ JSQ is offline
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,487
Peter Matusov schooled me on Wagoneers and that forever banished any thought of owning or recommending them.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old April 12th, 2017, 10:38 AM
johnlee johnlee is online now
John Lee
K6YJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 16,060
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old April 15th, 2017, 10:05 AM
johnlee johnlee is online now
John Lee
K6YJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 16,060
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old April 17th, 2017, 03:40 PM
johnlee johnlee is online now
John Lee
K6YJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 16,060

Don't laugh. The IDF uses those suppressed 10/22s for riot control.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old April 20th, 2017, 08:36 AM
hks3sgte hks3sgte is online now
Cesar Gomez
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,086
Low Drag Love:

Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old April 20th, 2017, 08:39 AM
johnlee johnlee is online now
John Lee
K6YJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 16,060
Wow.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old April 21st, 2017, 01:53 PM
JSQ JSQ is offline
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,487
So I guess WOLF ammunition is now making a gas piston AR upper that is a version of the Taiwanese T91.


It's not as funky as Daewoo or anything, but I kind of dig it.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old April 28th, 2017, 09:42 AM
johnlee johnlee is online now
John Lee
K6YJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 16,060
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old April 28th, 2017, 01:50 PM
PeterMatusov PeterMatusov is online now
Peter Matusov
AK6PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSQ
Peter Matusov schooled me on Wagoneers and that forever banished any thought of owning or recommending them.
Not sure it was my intent, Jack.

But yes, an emission-controlled AMC V8 is a royal turd (with the exception of near indestructibility).
Buick-powered Wagoneers are far better - but rather rare.

After having been a member of a bizarre group of K5 and Bronco owners, I have to say about both - for how large they are outside, they have much less interior room than a D1 or Wagoneer. The body is short, and the gargantuan rear wheelwells take up half of the space.

TTB on a Bronco is also a royal turd, maintenance-wise (not design-wise - they were popular with desert racers before mass entry of long-travel IFS).
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old April 28th, 2017, 02:20 PM
JSQ JSQ is offline
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMatusov
Not sure it was my intent, Jack.

But yes, an emission-controlled AMC V8 is a royal turd (with the exception of near indestructibility).
Buick-powered Wagoneers are far better - but rather rare.

After having been a member of a bizarre group of K5 and Bronco owners, I have to say about both - for how large they are outside, they have much less interior room than a D1 or Wagoneer. The body is short, and the gargantuan rear wheelwells take up half of the space.

TTB on a Bronco is also a royal turd, maintenance-wise (not design-wise - they were popular with desert racers before mass entry of long-travel IFS).

"All run hot."

Those were your words that sent me running.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old April 28th, 2017, 02:32 PM
JSQ JSQ is offline
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,487
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old April 28th, 2017, 02:41 PM
PeterMatusov PeterMatusov is online now
Peter Matusov
AK6PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSQ
"All run hot."

Those were your words that sent me running.
True.
But those are cast-iron blocks and heads. You can run one at 250F for an hour, and nothing bad would happen. Also, very tolerant of low oil pressure as well.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old April 28th, 2017, 02:45 PM
JSQ JSQ is offline
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMatusov
True.
But those are cast-iron blocks and heads. You can run one at 250F for an hour, and nothing bad would happen. Also, very tolerant of low oil pressure as well.


What a backwards Russian way of telling me the trucks are fine.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old April 28th, 2017, 03:00 PM
PeterMatusov PeterMatusov is online now
Peter Matusov
AK6PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSQ
What a backwards Russian way of telling me the trucks are fine.
LOL.
No, it simply means that not all engines are as fragile as Buick 215 derivatives.
But even if it doesn't blow head gaskets or toss a rod, it leaves little pleasure of popping up the hood at every stop at the trail. I could live without it, and I thought you would, too
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old April 30th, 2017, 07:32 AM
stu454 stu454 is online now
Stuart Ivie
KN4CBB
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,177
I've been bitten by the lame Battlefield Pickup Look bug. I hope to satisfy it with this IDF turn-in P228. I found out about these after seeing a pic of a Palestinian chick with one. I wondered how she ended up with a SIG and found out that IDF had issued SIG's for awhile in the 90's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pix580730583.jpg (45.0 KB, 15 views)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old May 1st, 2017, 10:13 AM
JSQ JSQ is offline
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu454
I've been bitten by the lame Battlefield Pickup Look bug. I hope to satisfy it with this IDF turn-in P228. I found out about these after seeing a pic of a Palestinian chick with one. I wondered how she ended up with a SIG and found out that IDF had issued SIG's for awhile in the 90's.


Sweet.
I've always been tempted by those Israeli High Powers with the black paint.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old May 1st, 2017, 11:58 AM
stu454 stu454 is online now
Stuart Ivie
KN4CBB
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSQ
Sweet.
I've always been tempted by those Israeli High Powers with the black paint.

I've read that some of these have the star on them. I really hope that my German gun is sporting one.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old May 1st, 2017, 01:06 PM
Mike_Rupp Mike_Rupp is offline
Mike Rupp
WZ7V
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mercer Island, WA
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSQ
Sweet.
I've always been tempted by those Israeli High Powers with the black paint.

Here you go: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/640907084
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old May 5th, 2017, 11:03 AM
stu454 stu454 is online now
Stuart Ivie
KN4CBB
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu454
I've read that some of these have the star on them. I really hope that my German gun is sporting one.

It does.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170505_143539.jpg (175.1 KB, 24 views)
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old May 8th, 2017, 02:53 PM
hks3sgte hks3sgte is online now
Cesar Gomez
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,086
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old May 23rd, 2017, 01:48 PM
hks3sgte hks3sgte is online now
Cesar Gomez
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,086
Diggin' the ATS wheels:

Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old May 26th, 2017, 09:05 AM
hks3sgte hks3sgte is online now
Cesar Gomez
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,086
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm not second choice; I'm pure awesome johnlee General 472 March 10th, 2017 04:04 PM
2005 Omega porn david General 97 May 25th, 2007 03:00 PM
I think I've caught the bug... sheki General 49 May 19th, 2006 02:57 PM
What to look for in purchasing a Defender 110 RKurk Technical Discussions 24 January 9th, 2006 05:01 PM
Weapons Choice ronward General 9 June 17th, 2004 07:34 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:57 AM.




Copyright 2001-2012 Expedition Exchange Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.