Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old August 9th, 2004, 08:21 PM
BushViper

Thumbs up ----> BushViper's Blue Disco

Hello Everyone,

Here are some recent pictures of my 03 blue disco.
Info:
Rovertym front bumper
16" wheels with 33" tires
5" suspention lift
and ... Great Basin Rovers drive shaft.
More mods coming soon.

Hope you like,
BushViper
Old August 9th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Craig Kobayashi
KG6CK

Post those pics on Discoweb. They'll love it!
Old August 9th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Ho Chung
W6HC

nice jeep.

Old August 10th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Kevin Barrett

very nice job, pretty exteme
Old August 10th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Aaron Shrier
KI6BCA

How badly do the tires rub at full flex?
Old August 10th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Snwbord24

Nice!!!!

I kept looking at it thinking it looked like something was missing. Then I realized it looks like my '03 did before I installed rock sliders. It just didn't look quite right for some reason. Still, sweet rig so far.

HD axles with those 33's?
Old August 10th, 2004, 08:47 AM
John Lee
K6YJ

No winch?
Old August 10th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Rob Davison

nice blue. i haven't seen that one color in person yet.

are those real bead lock rims? where did you find them to fit land rovers?

Regards,
Rob
Old August 10th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Craig Kobayashi
KG6CK

I'm digging the 5" suspention lift.
Old August 10th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Rob Davison

I fall victim to the "how do I fit the '03 headlights to my..." I think they are and sweet look. If I didn't find my 1999 I might have had to break down and buy an '04 with difflock and 4.6.

rd
Old August 10th, 2004, 01:43 PM
wsixhan
W6HAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushViper
Hope you like,

honestly i don't like, but interesting... as long as you like, i guess we'r all happy. good luck on the mods.
Old August 10th, 2004, 02:59 PM
BushViper

Everyone,

Glad some like my truck and some not, each to his/her own opinion, right?

I know I don't have rock sliders, winch, auxiliary lights, and so on. But I'm not done those things are still to come. BTW... yes there is a spot in my front bumper for a winch.

As for my rims & tires, no they are not real bead lock rims(they are just simulated from trek outfitters) and I havn't experienced any rubbing so far.

BushViper
Old August 10th, 2004, 03:30 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

I think those wheels are commonly known as "street locks".
Old August 10th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Craig Kobayashi
KG6CK

Old August 10th, 2004, 07:16 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Old August 10th, 2004, 07:59 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Or perhaps the BushViper is fitted with the "Monster Mod Xtreme Steel Wheels":

Old August 10th, 2004, 08:57 PM
BushViper

Everyone,

Here are my wheels
http://www.trekoutfitters.com/extra/...r/st_wheel.htm

BushViper
Old August 10th, 2004, 09:03 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

"Xtreme Steel Black Powder Monster Mod wheels offer extreme sizes for extreme conditions."

Wow. That's pretty extreme.
Old August 11th, 2004, 12:15 AM
curtis

I can see where this is going and it is not pretty.

C'mon guys - give him a little slack. At least he is trying. Knowledge comes from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions. I know I have made a few
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:32 AM
BushViper

To the majority of you,

Why are you so jealous that you have to criticize my disco?

I posted pictures of my disco so people could see it not make useless remarks against it. If you like it then you like it, if not then you don't. there is no reason why you have to criticize it. I'm not critizing any of your vehicles.
And because most of you could care less about what I just said. At least explaine why you don't like my disco. Just flat out criticising my vehicle is a bit childish.

Thanks,
BushViper
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Craig Kobayashi
KG6CK

Quote:
I'm not critizing any of your vehicles.

None of us have publicly posted unsolicited pics of our trucks on this forum. I know that if I did, I'd be prepared to hear both the praises and criticisms of my vehicle.
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:52 AM
John Lee
K6YJ

Jealous? That's an interesting way to frame it. Many emotions go through my head when I see your Disco, but I don't think jealousy is one of them.

And if you don't like hearing comments about your Disco, don't post pictures of it. Did anybody ask you to post pics? No. You posted pics, obviously because you thought your Disco was hot stuff. It's not.
Old August 11th, 2004, 01:03 PM
KI4WWU

Wow John, that there's what they call "off the top rope" in the rasslin' world

Old August 11th, 2004, 06:06 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Quote:
At least explaine why you don't like my disco. Just flat out criticising my vehicle is a bit childish.

Thanks,
BushViper

No, what's childish is posting pics of your truck to show off and then getting upset and alleging jealousy when nobody is impressed and he thinks your truck is a poseurmobile.

Well, since you asked for an explanation, here goes. There are numerous things wrong with your BushViper Special. Among the faults are:

(1) You gotta get rid of "Bush Viper". "BushViper" sounds like some lesbian sex toy or some wannabe bad ass name like "Annaconda Killer" or "Boa Constrictor" or whatever. Get another name. Or, even better, don't name your truck at all. Truck names are lame. If "BushViper" is your handle and not your truck's name, that is still lame anyway. Note how everyone else on this board goes by his real name and not some handle like "BigBadWolf" or whatever.

(2) Your tires are too big. You list your tires as 33's. If that is right, then that is way too big. Even 265/75 rubs very slightly at full tuck. 33's are ridiculous. There is no way they fit into the Disco2's wheel wells. You say you haven't experienced any rubbing thus far, but that is because you haven't been offroad yet. I think you're in for a rude awakening if you go offroad. And how do you look through the back window when you're reversing? Do you have a rear-facing periscope?

(3) Your wheels are fake. They're street locks. If you want the real deal, get real bead locks. Not that having bead locks is desirable, but if that is what you want, then at least get the real deal. The only thing worse than a gold Rolex is a gold-plated Rolex.

(4) Your wheels have too much offset. The huge amount of offset makes your tires stick out the sides of your truck. Why Jeepify your truck? Why not start out with a Jeep in the first place. All you need now are some flames on the hood and a trailer with two Sea Doo's and a quad on the back to complete the Whiskey Tango ensemble.

(5) MT-R's suck. They're poorly made tires and they're very difficult to balance. This doesn't matter on a trailer queen, but for your driveway assault vehicle, I recommend fitting a tire that will balance.

(6) The RTE bumper doesn't fit your truck. The Disco is a big truck. Putting a razor-thin front bumper on it is ridiculous. The look reminds me of those fat women with round calves who wear those very thin high heels. It looks embarassingly bad.

(7) The weld-on front recovery points also have to go. Anyone who knows anything about recovery points knows that they should be bolted on, and not welded on.

(8) The bumper's winch tray should be fitted with a winch as well. Instead of burning money on showy stuff like street locks, you might invest in a winch. You might think your truck is unique, but it's not. I've seen your truck dozens of times and it's invariably the same thing: big lift, big tires, front bumper but no rear bumper (which suffers more damage than the front bumper), stock drivetrain, and no winch. In other words, all show and no go. In fact, I think a winch is a sine qua non of a real offroad truck. Not having a winch is sort of like having huge tires and a dinky spare, or wearing nice clothes with cheap shoes. It's a dead-certain giveaway every time.

(9) Your lift is too tall. A 5" lift on a Disco2? How does your front driveshaft clear the forward cross member? Don't tell me; you removed the cross member because your engine and transmission act as a cross member? Also, how on earth do you drive around with a 5" lift? You probably have negative caster.

(10) The salami spacers have to go. If you had to use spacers to lift your Disco the 5", then at least black anodize your spacers or powdercoat them or at least paint them black with some Krylon or something. Anything is better than leaving them in the white like that. We sell spacers but I have always considered them a necessary evil, because there is no OME spring that will lift the rear of the vehicle 3". But at least we limit their size to 1.5" and anodize them black so that they will be as stealthy as possible below the spring seats.

(11) Stock drivetrain. Showy vehicles have huge lift and fatty tires, but almost always have stock drivetrain. Your Disco is an 03 model, so unless you've invested some serious cash, you don't have center diff lock. So you're basically driving around a poseurmobile. And those huge tires will soon be grenading your factory drivetrain.

On the positive side, I like the blue color. That's nice.

Again, you asked.
Old August 11th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Mike McCollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlee
Jealous? That's an interesting way to frame it. Many emotions go through my head when I see your Disco, but I don't think jealousy is one of them.