Keith McFatridge

Sorry Ron............
Old August 11th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Craig Kobayashi
KG6CK

Hey Aaron...

Whaddaya got on this?

Quote:
Your Disco is an 03 model, so unless you've invested some serious cash, you don't have center diff lock. So you're basically driving around a poseurmobile.
Old August 11th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Steve Cooper

Tough crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoveryXD
I'd still call it poseur if i saw Bill Burke driving down the street with those damn sim' beadlocks...

Don't worry, you won't

RonL, you finally retired (excuse the pun) the Big Os? I like the MT/Rs - didn't know they were difficult to balance - maybe Equal would help? Or maybe a tire that doesn't suck?

Now, the BushViper, I think I saw one once in a shop on Melrose. Scared the hell out of me

I do like the blue paint. If I had any paint, I'd probably like it to be blue.

As far as the 5" lift, did you try a 2"? - 3"? wasn't quite enough for the Rube? It's unusual to go right for a 5" lift. Unless of course you're not actually wheeling the truck, and just taking pictures of it. What prompted the 5" lift? Seriously, were you dis-satisfied with a lesser lift? You were obviously hoping people would be impressed with your mods...it's not the mods per se, it's the need for the mods that might impress others - I'm not sure the driveway qualifies -, otherwise it's just meaningless destruction of an otherwise very capable vehicle. Yes, it's your truck and you can do whatever you like with it, but you have to be able to take criticism if you post pics (I see you took them down already) on a board such as this one.

SC
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:10 PM
BushViper

Expedition Exchange,

I'm sorry you california people don't have taste!

As for johnlee, I'm sorry my truck is to big for you. You just don't like it because you can't get in it because your so short. And if you knew anything about herpetology you would know a bushviper is a type of snake and its just a name.

Well I wish everyone luck with their boring stock land rovers which can only go on moderate trails!

BushViper
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Craig Kobayashi
KG6CK

What? The love affair is over already???

Quote:
boring stock land rovers which can only go on moderate trails

Evidently you've never wheeled with these guys.

Go visit www.pirate4x4.com. You'll like it there.
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:16 PM
BushViper

SC,

I did have a 3" lift before the 5" lift but due to rubbing I added more lift.

BushViper
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Craig Kobayashi
KG6CK

Quote:
My boring stock Disco can do something yours will never be able to do

Old August 12th, 2004, 12:42 AM
curtis

Damn. I knew this would get ugly.

OK Bushwhack, I gave you the benefit of the doubt thus far. However, unlike your accusations I do not live in the great CA. I live where you can actually wheel without greenies chasing your backside: UT. On the other hand, I have wheeled with ALL of these guys who are knocking you and frankly, they are making you look like an idiot. Most of them have forgot more than what you know.

You really ought to lend a listening ear to what is going on here. It is obvious that you are new and inexperienced. This is evidenced (at the very least) by the fact that you put on a 5" lift without consideration of the Watts linkage in the rear. IOW - if you are running 5" then you are nearly completely maxed out on rear wheel droop and have ABSOLUTELY no valuable rear articulation.

There is more, but instead of trying to chimein like Mr. Badass why don't you just ask questions and listen to those who have been down that road. If your ego does not allow this then challenge ANY of these guys to a little trip offorad and prove them wrong. Either way, this is all in fun and you don't seem to get that little fact.

Oh, and your rig screams poseur all the way down the little flat street it can run on
Old August 12th, 2004, 02:56 AM
BushViper

Mighty Curtis as well as others,

Has your superior intelligence come up with the idea that maybe I have already modified my watts linkage? upgraded to a cdl transfer case(and adding lockers) not to mention my drive shaft, extended radius arms, and so on. I guess not, maybe you should think before you type random things.

BushViper "I see little people"
Old August 12th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Chris von C
N0H4MF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushViper
All I see little red x's where your pictures are supposed to be in the first post. Anyone grab a copy, I need to see this baby.
Old August 12th, 2004, 05:46 AM
KI4WWU

That's just sad...
Old August 12th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Aaron Shrier
KI6BCA

Quote:
Mighty Curtis as well as others,

Has your superior intelligence come up with the idea that maybe I have already modified my watts linkage? upgraded to a cdl transfer case(and adding lockers) not to mention my drive shaft, extended radius arms, and so on. I guess not, maybe you should think before you type random things.

Your original post only indicates a big lift and big tires for suspention mods. Oh, and a Great Basin drive shaft. Usually when someone starts a "look at my truck" thread, there some desire to show off the truck itself but more it is a way to show off all the thought and effort that went into the creative process. This also opens the door to discussion as why and how each mod choice was made. Critisism and praise will abound but if the truck owner has thought things through carfully, then it ultimately comes down to personal taste.

Because you have not listed any drivetrain mods, we have to assume that there are none. This indicates that you are simply going for the big truck pimp factor. This is further reinforced with statements like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushviper
I wish everyone luck with their boring stock land rovers which can only go on moderate trails!
Which implies that your mods were done so that your truck will not be boring. On the one hand there is nothing wrong with that, but this is the wrong group to expect any praise for it.

If you have actually done
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushviper
modified my watts linkage? upgraded to a cdl transfer case(and adding lockers) not to mention my drive shaft, extended radius arms, and so on
then please post a complete list of all the mods you have done. We can then all discuss the pros and cons of each mod. It is actually a fun process that can lead to increased knowledge for all of us (well... most of us).

If you haven't done anything other than a 5" lift with 33"s... well then, rots-a-ruck!
Old August 12th, 2004, 09:07 AM
curtis

TravelToad is being too kind. If you modified you Watts linkage and put on CDL and lockers you would have said so long before now. Even if you are telling the truth (which I highly doubt), next you are going to be saying that you put in HD axleshafts and 4:11 gears. You will say this in an answer to people wondering how you are going to turn such big tires with lockers and stock gearing & shafts.

Man, we have seen your kind come and go. Face it - you are a poseur or you would not be so defensive. Guys who have the schiznit rigs know they have the schiznit rigs and feel no need to defend thierselves...especially by lying.

Old August 12th, 2004, 09:50 AM
wsixhan
W6HAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis
...next you are going to be saying that you put in HD axleshafts and 4:11 gears.

perhaps a future post on discoweb later today:

Post by Peter BushViper:

"I'm contemplating if I should get HD axleshafts, 4:11 gears, CDL, lockers, extended arms, and modified Watts linkage for my 2003 Disco II... any ideas? I have a 5" lift and 33" tires and I'm trying to prepare for a trip this weekend and i need some answers NOW!... By the way, I tried posting pics of my Xtreme-Steel-Black-Powder-Monster-Mod-wheels-offer-extreme-sizes-for-extreme-conditions-wheels but doesn't seem to upload.

BushViper"
Old August 12th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Aaron Shrier
KI6BCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanchung
perhaps a future post on discoweb later today:

Post by Peter BushViper:

"I'm contemplating if I should get HD axleshafts, 4:11 gears, CDL, lockers, extended arms, and modified Watts linkage for my 2003 Disco II... any ideas? I have a 5" lift and 33" tires and I'm trying to prepare for a trip this weekend and i need some answers NOW!... By the way, I tried posting pics of my Xtreme-Steel-Black-Powder-Monster-Mod-wheels-offer-extreme-sizes-for-extreme-conditions-wheels but doesn't seem to upload.

BushViper"

Old August 12th, 2004, 12:55 PM
jhobbs

This is great! A little poseur ass roasting is just what I needed today. I've been laughing so hard I slipped out of my chair...

:p :p :p
Old August 12th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Snwbord24

I want to play too!!!! But alas, I'm newbie to all this as well. I do have a winch in my ARB bull bar though so maybe it's not quite as poseurish
Old August 12th, 2004, 11:13 PM
curtis

Quote:
I did have a 3" lift before the 5" lift but due to rubbing I added more lift.

I find this comment particulary amusing. I am surprised you guys did not jump on it first. Granted, I almost missed it initially, but who solves rubing issues by adding more lift? Poseurs maybe?
Old August 13th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Aaron Shrier
KI6BCA

I think BushViper has slithered away in typical wanker fashion.
Old August 13th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Kevin Barrett

Excellent, what a nice, direct bunch of guys I have stumbled across!

so, eh... anyone want to see my photos?
Old August 16th, 2004, 10:35 PM
stillheirless

What a poser REALLY IS>>>

Come on guys.... I am the original Poser... Running thru downtown MOAB with the undercarriage lights blazing.. Of course I was on a "Beer Run" ... I even have a winch bumper with no winch and Hella Lights which aren't even WIRED!

Eddie the poser wanna be.......
Old August 16th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Craig Kobayashi
KG6CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
All I see little red x's where your pictures are supposed to be in the first post. Anyone grab a copy, I need to see this baby.

I gotcha. Here you go, Chris:

Old August 16th, 2004, 11:57 PM
curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillheirless
Come on guys.... I am the original Poser... Running thru downtown MOAB with the undercarriage lights blazing.. Of course I was on a "Beer Run" ... I even have a winch bumper with no winch and Hella Lights which aren't even WIRED!

LOL - well Ed, you DID run through Moab with your undercarriage lights on, but your intentions were born more from beer scare than poseurability.

...and for the record, you DO have a winch, you just have not mounted it yet

I did think the Hellas were wired, but maybe I am wrong
Old August 17th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Rob Davison

I am a little hesitant to describe them as "undercarriage " lights. Isn't there something better like Chassis lights? hmm