Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old August 20th, 2004, 10:55 PM
BushViper

Chincs!

Ok, you know my name and where I am. But if any of you knew Bill Goodman from Kennsington Motor Cars (702-222-0444) then he could tell you that my watts linkage is modified. As for wes, you have no clue what Bill has done. Your just making up shit to sound good, I bet you drive a bone stock shit moblie.

BushViper
Old August 20th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Ho Chung
W6HC

Old August 20th, 2004, 11:01 PM
BushViper

Wes your just making up shit to sound good, I bet you drive a bone stock shit moblie.***

BushViper
Old August 20th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Ho Chung
W6HC

man, it's not a pumpkin, it's a damn orange!

Old August 20th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Wesley Legaspi

Hmmm...did KMC just finish modifying your POS? When I was there on 8/16, I was told that you were just getting more stuff done, after the fact of you being questioned here on EE.

Oh, I drive a real Land Rover, not some poseur jeep wannabe.

Old August 21st, 2004, 12:27 AM
curtis

Crap. Now we see the truth. I had figured Buschlong to be an idiot at least in his 30's. Even 20's would do. Now it is not even mild amusement to find out he is a tenniebopper. Hell, I would have likley even pulled his crap at the same age.

John & Ho: please give this poor little fuck an age exemption. Lets move on.
Old August 21st, 2004, 10:45 AM
KVT

Cool

If you remove the mud flaps you remove half of the style. I have mud flaps (Some left anyway) Does that make me a girl ?

Kyle
Old August 21st, 2004, 10:53 AM
Steve Cooper

I assumed RonL was taking about these: (best I could find!)

http://www.stickergiant.com/page/sg/PROD/rkc5011

- not ALL mudflaps

SC
Old August 21st, 2004, 03:06 PM
Rob Davison

kyle, mud flaps and the long hair have some of us wondering...
Old August 21st, 2004, 08:42 PM
Steve Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosivad_bor
kyle, mud flaps and the long hair have some of us wondering...

finally, i have neither

SC
Old August 21st, 2004, 11:18 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Today was our first weekend day with the new Disco, and we had some fun. We removed the fender flares. Before:

After:

We also removed the dust/mud shields. I hate these things. Before:

During:

After:

Now some light is visible through the wheels:

While we were removing useless stuff, we removed the mud flaps. Before:

After:

We also wanted to add some stuff, so we installed a Safety Devices Highlander roof rack:

as well as some Hella 16,000 and Clear Cover action:

BushViper Conversion yet to come....

Last edited by hochung : August 27th, 2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 01:01 AM
wsixhan
W6HAN

sweeeeeet
u know there's something classic about a white land rover... has been my favorite till now. the camel trophy yellow is exclusive to that event/vehicles and is awesome too IF you have the actual original truck used in the event other wise meaningless. XD yellow is too yellow and a common yellow. there are too many non LR yellow trucks out there i.e. exterras and such. now orange changes everything... this orange might make history. the more i look at it i like it... though still second to white...
Old August 22nd, 2004, 01:48 AM
Ho Chung
W6HC

i knew it, you racist mother fucker!

Old August 22nd, 2004, 06:33 AM
KVT

Cool

Han , its Orange , get a grip.... That rack is just looking freakishly high to me in the back. Front looks normal , back is like way high. Look at all the room above the alpine....Ho , you know there is nothing like White , its timeless........

Kyle
Old August 22nd, 2004, 10:56 AM
Steve Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVT
Han , its Orange , get a grip....

This is no ordinary orange, and guess what? There's an Asian connection:

"The tangerine, or mandarin, Citrus reticulata of the citrus family, is an orangelike fruit that, with its hybrids, ranks after the orange in worldwide economic importance among CITRUS FRUITS. Native to China, one variety, Dancy, was introduced to Europe via the Moroccan seaport of Tangier and was originally called the Tangiers orange. The names tangerine and mandarin are now used interchangeably, although the varieties produced in the United States and in southern Africa--called tangerines or mandarins--tend to have a deeper orange skin and pulp than those grown in other areas."

SC
Old August 22nd, 2004, 11:35 AM
Rob Davison

I agree about the rack. You need to get the real deal like the original G4 comes with. nice and tight.

http://204.157.1.3/g4/DSC00684.jpg

http://204.157.1.3/g4/DSC00695.jpg

http://204.157.1.3/g4/DSC00697.jpg
Old August 22nd, 2004, 11:40 AM
Craig Kobayashi
KG6CK

Normally I would agree with you Rob, but then what do you do with those huge 2004 X-Terra style roof rack rails? It's not as simple as removing the older style roof rack rails.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 12:08 PM
Ho Chung
W6HC

hmmmm....

Old August 22nd, 2004, 12:19 PM
KVT

Cool

Easy ? Whatever,,,,,,,,, that lid has got to come down man.... Putting a few items on the side rails will blend it a little but that shit aint never gonna look right. That was sloppy on the side of SD , they could have done something to accomodate the Xterra tubes...

Kyle
Old August 22nd, 2004, 12:25 PM
KVT

Cool

Steve , its Orange , you know , like the "Orange Blossom Special" truck.. That graced us some years back. I believe it was a pulling truck... There just aint no getting around it..

Kyle
Old August 22nd, 2004, 12:26 PM
Ho Chung
W6HC

well, nah.. i am keeping the sunroof. forgot how nice they were.

Old August 22nd, 2004, 06:34 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Yes, the real G4 Challenge Disco's have the low version of the Safety Devices Highlander rack (what I call the "Lowlander" for convenience):

But we don't own a genuine G4 Challenge Disco. We own a "G4 Edition" Disco, which comes with sunroofs and those Xterra roof rails. The roof rails can be removed but fitting a Lowlander would mean that the sunroofs would become moonroofs and could not be opened without some carnage. Ho likes to open the sunroofs, so the Highlander will have to stay.

Also, I think it would be a mistake for us to try to make up a fake G4 Challenge Disco, for several reasons. The first and most obvious reason is that it would be a wannabe/poseur thing to do. We've seen this numerous times with the wannabe Camel Trophy trucks that are painted sandglow and fitted with Camel Trophy sticker kits. Pathetic. The G4 vehicles are definitely cool trucks (I'm digging the RR3 G4), but unless you own the real thing, I think it's best not to try to mimic them.

Another reason not to ape the G4 vehicles is because the genuine G4 Challenge vehicles have a lot of ugly things on them.

Almost everything on the front of that vehicle, from the WARN winch, WARN lights, Genuine lamp guards, orange bumper, Genuine winch tray, and the spider light tabs on the Lowlander rack have got to go. I would much prefer to fit a Superwinch X9, no lamp guards, TJM winch bar, Hella 24,000 six pack, Hella clear covers, etc. The spider light set-up on the genuine G4 rack would obviate the ability to fit the Hella 4,000's on the roof rack, and Ho is all about the Hella 4000's. I suggested trying the Hella FF300's on his new Disco to see how it would look, and Ho wasn't even entertaining the idea.

And Ho's truck came with some wannabe-G4 WARN lights:

Needless to say, those lights are are now gone. However, the cool-ass light switch used to ignite them remains on the binnacle:

We could also keep the stocker tires and suspension, because the real G4 vehicles are not lifted. I doubt that would happen. I can already see Ho's brain at work figuring out which suspension items he wants to put on this new truck.

We could also keep the plastic sills because "that's what the real G4's have". Again, we're not going to do that. And the G4's have the Jeepified fender flares on them. We removed Ho's fender flares the first chance we got.

The same goes for drivetrain. I doubt the G4 Disco's have TT's front and rear or a Quaife center diff or lowered gearing or HD shafts or whatever.

And the list goes on and on. So basically, we're going for what we like rather than what is "on the real G4's". Personally, I would have disconnected the power to the sunroofs, removed the Xterra roof rails, and fit a standard Lowlander rack, but it's not my truck. It's Ho's. Mr. Gold Rolex likes his sunroofs and I can hardly blame him. I forgot how nice they were as well.

Last edited by hochung : August 27th, 2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 06:15 AM
Rob Davison

Well now, having the roofs for the first time myself I can tell you I am not willing to alter their function. I will want them to open with the rack on. I would assume you guys are going to showcase this vehicle with goodies that you sell, sort of a rolling example of EE, so you'll have to stick with what you got.

I am also unwilling to have all that space under my rack. The solution or should I say the Rover Solution will be interesting

Rob
Old August 23rd, 2004, 04:18 PM
Steve Rupp
KC9LHY

Ho, I kind of stopped reading this thread when dildo started badmouthing asians, but I just wanted to say that I dig that G4. I wouldn't touch that thing. It looks awesome just the way it is. Probably drives that way too. Keep that one stock.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 05:21 PM
Aaron Shrier
KI6BCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Rupp
Ho, I kind of stopped reading this thread when dildo started badmouthing asians, but I just wanted to say that I dig that G4. I wouldn't touch that thing. It looks awesome just the way it is. Probably drives that way too. Keep that one stock.

Ho, keeping it stock !!!????