Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 27th, 2005, 07:32 PM
michael

Odd visit to a gun shop

Stopped in at the local gunshop - this shop is one of Albuquerque's main gun stores (at least in terms of inventory). Good selection of new and old. Cases of used pistols and racks of cheap rifles with the supposedly more expensive and exotic semi-autos, Galil, FAL, HK and so forth behind the counter.

I walk in, and the place is bare. I mean there are like 4 revolvers, one Walther PPK, one comped Colt by Wilson.... behind the counter is a smattering of rifles. Couple of cheesy Chinese assault rifles with that hideous varnish.... couple of Mossbergs. You get the idea. Nothing is here.

I asked the clerk, same man I sold a couple of Gunsite Officer .45s to about 7 years ago, I asked if they were going out of business or moving and were reducing inventory. he said, nope, they have just had a run on guns for the past month, and they cannot keep up with the demand. He went on to say that in 25 years of business (aside from the Millennium) he had never seen such a run on guns.

We chatted a few and I left. I am curious: Has anyone else noticed this same phenomena of a run on guns at your local stores? This Albuquerque store is always stocked to the gills; yet, rifles, pistols, and ammunition were just about picked clean. This is simply too odd. But then, I only visit gun stores 2-3 times a year over the past couple of decades, and maybe just never caught a store as empty as this one.
Old February 28th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Mike Rupp
WZ7V

I've been to a few gun stores in IL over the past couple weeks. One store was loaded to the gills with inventory. The other store had plenty of inventory, but the mix of inventory was completely different. There used to be a 50/50 blend of rifles & shotguns. On my recent visit, the blend was about 80/20 in favor of shotguns.