Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards  

Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old July 12th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Ronnie McKinney

How do you Iron Chef? contest

I know it's not as good as the original but the new season of IC America started this past Sunday and during one of the commercial breaks they mentioned a contest Food Network was sponsoring. It's called "How do you Iron Chef?" They are looking for people to send in photos or videos of their own IC Showdowns and the winner(s) footage will be played on the show. When I heard about the contest, the first thing I thought of was you west coast folks and your annual ICS. One of you should submit some of the photos from the site. The whole camping/outdoors slant has got to be one of the most creative ways to have a Showdown. I'm still amazed at Koby's sushi skills. I always thought I was doing good to smoke ribs. Anyway, if your photos are selected they will send out a film crew to get it all on tape. I know you guys are already cable tv superstars with your debut on Fine Living, or whatever that show was called, but you should give it a shot...
Old July 12th, 2005, 12:56 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

We talked at length with Food Network last week. They were very interested in attending and wanted to film the 2005 Iron Chef Showdown but couldn't for several reasons. They're under a deadline and wanted to film on July 9th or July 10th, while we hold ICS in the fall because of the extreme heat in Truckhaven this time of the year. Then they needed electric power for the lights and cameras and such. Then they wanted to land here in Los Angeles in the morning and then fly out that night, which is impossible because Truckhaven is so far from LAX. For all of the foregoing reasons we just couldn't make it happen.
Old July 12th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Aaron Shrier
KI6BCA

That's ok, John.

The EEICS should remain pure. If the Food Networks television audience saw the "Shrier Cup" then you would have entries from all over the world clamoring to compete.
Old July 12th, 2005, 01:54 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Too true.
Old July 13th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Ronnie McKinney

Oh well, I guess those of us back east will have to continue to live vicariously through the still pictures on the site instead of those fancy moving pictures.
Old July 19th, 2005, 12:58 PM
James Reed
KI4PBH

so what you're telling me is this fall I'm going to see "Travel Traders" sponsored ICS on the Food Network? You know the moment you told them you didn't want to do the schedule to suit them, they started brainstorming on how they could replace the EE guys/LR tie-in....probably be an early Bronco club having a competitive weiner roast somewhere...