Go Back   Expedition Exchange Bulletin Boards > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:51 PM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

The Fausti Stefano Sisters

Also featured in the latest issue of Shooting Sportsman along with the Paradox was an article on the Fausti Stefano shotgun company in Italy and the three sisters who inherited the company from their father and now do quite the job of running it.

Their guns aren't exactly THE hotness, and they aren't specifically supermodels, but the combination of the two...

These girls were literally born in Brescia.

oh my.

And the two cute ones are married to...

A Guerini and a Rizzini.
lol.

Apparently they each speak a handful of languages in addition to their native Italian and enjoy riding and skiing as well as shooting.
http://www.faustistefanoarms.com/azienda_homepers.asp

of course, there's already a similar thread on ssmbbs.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:07 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

I'm digging every shot but the last one. Somehow, they don't look like shooters.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:16 PM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

I hear you.

Barbara on the left looks pretty natural, I could believe she shoots, but the other two look pretty awkward.

Now, they do have them stacked in pretty close to each other for that pic and unless you've got a lot of time logged on an entry team, that's a pretty unusual position to be in.

Besides, these women have shooting coming out their ears. They've probably been shooting their whole lives and now it's work for them. They probably look at shotgunning like you do offroading. Other stuff is more exciting now because the day-in day-out burns you out, but that doesn't mean they couldn't kick our ass on the clays range and that you've forgotten how to wheel.

Well that's what I'd like to believe.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:22 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

I think the trio would be pretty smoking hot on the shooting range or field. Something happens when a woman is shooting. Take an average woman and get her shooting and she turns hot.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:36 PM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

The Shooting Gazette is filled with those kinds of pics.
Totally hot.

but the whole bikini and Kalashnikov thing?
i don't get it.
it does nothing for me.
Old August 4th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Matt Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlee
I think the trio would be pretty smoking hot on the shooting range or field. Something happens when a woman is shooting. Take an average woman and get her shooting and she turns hot.

This happens on the golf course as well. Not that I want to be stuck behind a foresome of women or anything, but sometimes average girls look totally hot when on the course.

As an example, I offer you Natalie Gulbis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gulbis.jpg (3.5 KB, 213 views)
Old August 4th, 2006, 01:38 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Big time.

I love Korean women who play golf.
Old August 4th, 2006, 01:43 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Here's Michelle Wie off the golf course:

Whatever. She looks like some Made in Korea version of Farah Fawcett or something.

But put her on the golf course:

Oh la la!
Old August 4th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Matt Taylor

What the hell causes that? Is it as simple that aren't that many women around those endeavors?

Is it the fact that the women are participating?

I don't think it's the first reason, because I remember being in college and having to take classes in a building that was mostly engineering students. There weren't many girls around there, and the few that were there didn't seem "extra" attractive due to the scarcity. In fact, most of them were nasty and looked like they carried softball equipment in the back of their cars.

I can't figure this phenomenon out.
Old August 4th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

John, you've got to be kidding me.

Maybe the golf thing as a particularly strong effect on you, but all put your Michelle Wie up against my hapa swirl Barbour model any day.

vs

please.
Old August 4th, 2006, 02:29 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Oh please. Don't go native on me, Jack.

That swirl baby isn't even shooting or golfing or whatever. She's just sitting there. How can you compare that Jello Pudding Pop to this:

Old August 4th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Jack Quinlan
KI6CTP

while not featured in the act, she CLEARLY just got back from riding on the vast Tudor estates of southern Georgia. Maybe a fox hunt even?

Plus as Master Cheng's daughter she has studied shotgunning like full-blood asians would the violin.
Old August 4th, 2006, 03:20 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Oh man. How can you compare that wannabe hip hop swirl to the Superfly TNT golf action? I realize Michelle Wie uses the interlock grip, but still it's no contest.
Old August 4th, 2006, 05:06 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

For your viewing pleasure:

Even the hacker Callaway putter can't ruin that hot shot. Replace that putter with an 8802 and she'll be smokin.

And check out the glove:

I think she plucked that glove from the bargain bin at Roger Dunn's. And from the looks of her glove she uses a baseball grip when she hits. What a rookie. But she's still hot.

And check out her form:

Lame shoes. Lame putter. Glove on the green. Baseball grip. The fake sweather-on-sweater motif. Lousy greenskeeping.

But she's still hot. The Datejust she snagged from her husband is especially chic. Add the man watch thing and she's smokin hot.

Golf does that.
Old August 4th, 2006, 06:15 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

One more:

She looks way better there than she does on SVU and she packs heat on SVU.
Old August 4th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Ho Chung
W6HC

I feel that awkward silence again.

Old August 5th, 2006, 12:50 PM
wsixhan
W6HAN

i think you guys forgot this...

Old August 5th, 2006, 03:37 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Me likey.
Old August 6th, 2006, 02:30 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

I was thinking about this one and I think the 8802 is the wrong putter here. The 8802 is a player's butter, and she's obviously a rookie.

I'm thinking a Bullseye would be perfect:

She's a rookie and can't putt, so she shouldn't have a Scotty. She probably tosses the putter into the bag after putting, so giving her a Scotty would be a crime. She likes center-shafted brass putters. I'm thinking Bullseye.

Keep the Rolex. Ditch the putter.
Old August 6th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Rover Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSQ
Besides, these women have shooting coming out their ears. They've probably been shooting their whole lives and now it's work for them. They probably look at shotgunning like you do offroading. Other stuff is more exciting now because the day-in day-out burns you out, but that doesn't mean they couldn't kick our ass on the clays range and that you've forgotten how to wheel.

Well that's what I'd like to believe.

You're probably very correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttaylor
I don't think it's the first reason, because I remember being in college and having to take classes in a building that was mostly engineering students. There weren't many girls around there, and the few that were there didn't seem "extra" attractive due to the scarcity. In fact, most of them were nasty and looked like they carried softball equipment in the back of their cars.

I can't figure this phenomenon out.

Good point.

As a girly girl, the lack of other girls being involved is sometimes disconcerting. That is one of the reasons I enjoy family type events - at least the wives are around for some feminine company.

That look of "like they carried softball equipment in the back of their cars" gives me the heebie jeebies.

This is one of the reasons that I go to such extended lengths to decorate my gear with pink. Even though I look like a girly girl, I don't want anyone to ever mistake me for not being a girly girl.

I think one of the reasons boys like being around girls in these types of things is we get to return back to childhood type days when boys and girls played together and had lots of fun. Surely, everyone remembers back to their playground days? Life quit being as much fun once the boys were told that they weren't "supposed to play with the girls."

Best Regards Jamie, Blue, and Angel
Old August 7th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Matt Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlee

I was thinking about this one and I think the 8802 is the wrong putter here. The 8802 is a player's butter, and she's obviously a rookie.

I'm thinking a Bullseye would be perfect:

She's a rookie and can't putt, so she shouldn't have a Scotty. She probably tosses the putter into the bag after putting, so giving her a Scotty would be a crime. She likes center-shafted brass putters. I'm thinking Bullseye.

Keep the Rolex. Ditch the putter.

She needs a bigger sweet spot than the Bullseye offers. Look at the way she's got the putter head hooded. The shafts leaning way too forward, and she's still got her glove on, for chrissake.

She has no idea what the hell she's doing with that putter. The club looks foreign in her hands. Her grip is more of a regular grip than a proper putting grip.

I think she needs something that would help her align. Something that would match her skill level as a putter. Something like...The Futura.

Lol.
Old August 7th, 2006, 02:15 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Oh man, not the Futura. Anything but the Futura.

In case you non-golfers are wondering what a Futura is, peep this:

At address the Futura looks like sort of like this:

Absolutely hideous. I'm not that familar with the Futura, but it looks to me as if its design concept is to move the putter's weight as far behind the ball as practicable and prevent the putter's tendency to angle sideways on mishits. Yuck.

For the life of me, I can't understand how the Futura was deemed to comply with the Rules of Golf:

" a. Plain in Shape
The clubhead must be generally plain in shape. All parts must be rigid, structural in nature and functional. It is not practicable to define plain in shape precisely and comprehensively but features which are deemed to be in breach of this requirement and are therefore not permitted include:

(i) holes through the head,

(ii) transparent material added for other than decorative or structural purposes,

(iii) appendages to the main body of the head such as knobs, plates, rods or fins,

for the purpose of meeting dimensional specifications, for aiming or for any other purpose. Exceptions may be made for putters.

Any furrows in or runners on the sole must not extend into the face."

"It is not practicable to define plain in shape precisely and comprehensively", that is true. However, how is the Futura's head "plain in shape" by any reasonable interpretation? The USGA is the final arbiter of what which clubs are conforming and which are not, but from my way of looking at things the Futura is not conforming at all and is therefore a hacker's club. Having a Futura in the bag is equivalent to having a 15th club in the bag.
Old August 7th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Matt Taylor

agreed. How's about this one for non-conforming?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 ball.jpg (1.7 KB, 151 views)
Old August 7th, 2006, 04:10 PM
John Lee
K6YJ

Is there any practical difference between that hollow putter and the Futura? No. Yet the Futura is conforming. Unreal.

I wish the USGA and Royal & Ancient both interpreted anything more than this to be in violation of the "plain in shape" requirement:

Old August 7th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Matt Taylor

You gotta throw Bobby Jones' putter in the mix, eh?

Those greens must have been furry back then -- those putters have some loft on them.

You better watch what you wish for -- your Justin Leonard British Open putter would be illegal by a strict interpretation of that rule.

It would be cool though. All these goofy putters would be gone. I think they need to outlaw belly putters, if for no other reason than I'm sick of looking at them.